Lentech Valve Body RULES!!

GearHd6

Jul 19, 2005
Ashford, CT
I installed the Lentech street terminator valve body with OD lock out today. VERY impressive unit!! I would recommend it to anyone lookin to stick with an AOD. Takes most of a good day to install and have it look good but in the end its all worth it.

• Sponsors (?)

so with a valve body change you just unbolt the old and bolt up the new one. no needs for any shift kits or anything like that???

it doesnt wear on the tranny???
hows the OD lockout work??

so the shifter has low1 and then the D position is 2nd and the OD is 3rd??

can you explain how it works???

Foxfan88 said:
so with a valve body change you just unbolt the old and bolt up the new one. no needs for any shift kits or anything like that???

it doesnt wear on the tranny???
hows the OD lockout work??

so the shifter has low1 and then the D position is 2nd and the OD is 3rd??

can you explain how it works???

You do have to drill a hole in the case to run the wire for the OD delete solonoid. No biggie. Other than that, install is as simple as unbolting the old and bolting up the new.

Does not wear on the tranny, matter of fact, it should increase the life and durability of the transmission.

Not sure how exactly the OD works mechanically, but all you do is install a toggle switch and you can turn OD on and off just like and AODE.

The shift patten is:

shifter in the (1) position, you are in 1st gear.
shifter in the (D) position, you are in 2nd gear.
shifter in the (OD) position, you are in 3rd gear

you can turn on OD with the toggle switch and the shifter in the OD position.

what do you do if your just casually driving but not at OD speeds??

does the VB actually make the shifts harder and crisp or does it just give to the ability to safely shift it manually???

GearHd6 said:
I installed the Lentech street terminator valve body with OD lock out today. VERY impressive unit!! I would recommend it to anyone lookin to stick with an AOD. Takes most of a good day to install and have it look good but in the end its all worth it.

Ive had my lentech VB in for 2 years now. Worth every penny. I will be swapping in a T-5 soon.

I have had my Lentech Street Terminator for a year now and I love it. The transmission shifts much faster than anyone can with a manual. The shifts are very firm and fast. The best part is with the stock shifter no one can tell anything is different. I purchased a switch panel that fits the ashtray hole and the OD switch is on the panel. I leave the ash tray door closed until I am driving and need the OD on.