Let’s talk gasoline -

Stabil is a great idea if you store it or might park it for a month or six as life happens. E-10 can get nasty, especially when water is absorbed.

I have read the MSDS on the whole chemical isle. Techron is little more than lighter fluid. If you want a cleaner that is worth using every 12 months, look up the ingredients in B-12 Chemtool. Just the names of at least 4 of the solvents cause cancer in Californian rats!
Same here. Always use Mobil. Think they are considered a Tier 1 brand, and I think they have a pretty good detergent package. I run straight 93 octane in my 500hp blown Fox street car with no additives. Never an issue. Only additive I do use is Stabil right before I lay her up for the winter as well as a good fuel system cleaner like Techron once a year. I run 89 octane in my Hemi Ram as well as my wife’s Wrangler. Again Mobil. Again no issues.

• Sponsors (?)

You should see one of my vintage car groups. Fuel , oil and which tire (only one brand and type is made now) are all 2-3x a week topics.
I can’t believe a thread about gasoline has lasted this long,..Goes to show what rung of the ladder most of the people are on that participate here.
Cant wait for the what oil filter; what spark plug; what hose clamp threads that will follow... :banana:

Stabil is a great idea if you store it or might park it for a month or six as life happens. E-10 can get nasty, especially when water is absorbed.

I have read the MSDS on the whole chemical isle. Techron is little more than lighter fluid. If you want a cleaner that is worth using every 12 months, look up the ingredients in B-12 Chemtool. Just the names of at least 4 of the solvents cause cancer in Californian rats!
What about the rats that live east of there?
I would imagine the rats in California need therapy too.

I do not know about the rats and mice in the other 49 states. Californian vermin must be the only ones to get tested for cancer, and they seem particularly prone to it with all the warning labels on things now.

What about the rats that live east of there?
I would imagine the rats in California need therapy too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I just wish gas testing was affordable as oil testing. That would tell us alot.

I run a mix of 93octane with a half to about three quarter gallon of 110octane racing per tank. Honestly everything else gets the cheapest gas I can buy. Although anything long term (seasonal) gets 90 octane rec fuel.

Have 2 other cars, beside the Mustang, 34 built stroker & 32, 327 fast burn heads. The HotRods sit over the winter, own and drive these now 10years plus.

I have never used any of this stable goop or any other such snake oil. What I do, do is run high-test and when storing, full fuel cells. I believe a full cell prevents moisture from forming, cause the open space above the fuel is limited.

I live in Atlanta so not saying this will work for everyone, just saying .

A funny thing happened on the way to the farm.

As many probably know storing, lawn morrows and every other gas powered yard machine. Spring time can be its own nightmare to get stuff running.

It was suggested to me to keep the gas tanks topped over the winter. That solved the hello springtime nightmare.

Just putting it out there

Oh, and what kind of spark plugs do I run ........?....... the ones that kick the most ass LMAO

:lol:

I can’t believe a thread about gasoline has lasted this long,..Goes to show what rung of the ladder most of the people are on that participate here.
Cant wait for the what oil filter; what spark plug; what hose clamp threads that will follow... :banana:
Oh Thank God! I was afraid nobody would bring it up. I'm partial to Fram, NGK, and I like the stainless steel marine hose clamps. They seem to stay looking nicer longer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wow ! You guys really took off on the gas subject - this corona lockdown gave us extra time to talk about BS stuff ( which is nice every once in while ) while I got you all here - I am working on A/C leak - can someone chime in on what this round part is and what the white ring is - I think this could be source of my leak
D87D95C0-1B46-4CA4-A704-EE1642ECA6FF.jpeg
1D230CD8-3F63-49CF-AC32-6B5718F19CA2.jpeg