Let See Them Track Videos!

• Sponsors (?)

This is from last night. We used a slow motion app to film it, and obviously I don't have a clue how to edit it right. The sound is a little off too. Ran a 7.52 this run, new PB, but topped it with a 7.45 on the last run.

7.52 run with a 1.57 60ft

View: http://youtu.be/T9uW0HFt4Dg

Pic from my 7.45 run with a 1.59 60ft

CP6_1678web2-(ZF-10386-84573-1-002).jpg

Time slip, got put out 1st round (naturally aspirated class, no other rules)

20161029_195026.jpg

Joe

Reactions: 4 users
Good god Im launching at 3050

Yeah, gotta Rev these little 331's, lol. last outing I went at 4900 and cut a 1.58. The weather was a lot cooler then. 6k only gained me .01 seconds, but I don't know what the car would have done on the 4900 pill this night. Two different days, two different tracks. I wish I had tried it for comparison sake.

The track loc is going out. 2 of my burnouts were 1 wheel peels. both those launches resulted in massive tire spin and slower 60fts. if both tires spun in the burnout box, it went 1.5x everytime.

Joe

I have driven higher HP cars, but never in a situation where all there power could be used. one of the runs actually scared me a little. it shot off and I could tell I had no steering. the car eased left just a little. I guess the tires set back down and it was on. I never let off, but it did shake me up a little bit.

Lol, reading that makes it sound like it was on the bumper.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
I just had a moment... I read the quoted statement above, got really confused and scrolled back up to check out your back tires with a "no effin way" look on my face. It was only then that I realized you were referring to the front tires and I felt like an idiot.

No, the rears are 235.

Yes, 235's.

Joe

235/60-15 is the same size as a 26x8.5 slick and a 26x10.5 DOT.
Most impressive, and noteworthy that most folks over tire their cars and fight the bog/spin threshold.
There is a fine line on how much spin is good, but, rolling the tires over coming out of the hole is the ticket for us regular guys that cannot afford to destroy a proper drag clutch while street driving.
Joe is getting it dialed in, which takes time and dedication, which seems to be an art lost to instant gratification.
Good job Joe.

Reactions: 2 users
I have driven higher HP cars, but never in a situation where all there power could be used. one of the runs actually scared me a little. it shot off and I could tell I had no steering. the car eased left just a little. I guess the tires set back down and it was on. I never let off, but it did shake me up a little bit.

Lol, reading that makes it sound like it was on the bumper.

Joe
In similar vain, I piloted a friends 800+hp (he never would own up, but it used to destroy liter bikes) Fox a long time ago... well, long story but hammering through the gears it starting spinning at the top of 4th gear (3.27's, 6000-6500rpm) enough so that steering was required... at 140+ mph... at the time I dared not lift, but reflecting afterwards I too was a little shaken.
My point...
When in doubt... throttle out...

Reactions: 1 users
235/60-15 is the same size as a 26x8.5 slick and a 26x10.5 DOT.
Most impressive, and noteworthy that most folks over tire their cars and fight the bog/spin threshold.
There is a fine line on how much spin is good, but, rolling the tires over coming out of the hole is the ticket for us regular guys that cannot afford to destroy a proper drag clutch while street driving.
Joe is getting it dialed in, which takes time and dedication, which seems to be an art lost to instant gratification.
Good job Joe.

You are spot on with the tires. I ran the MT drag radials in 235/60/15 for a while, never got them to hook. They are part# 3752R. I went biasply drag radials and ordered part# 3752, which MT measures as a 26x10.5. I was upset when they arrived and I found that they were the same size as my old 235 tires (didn't realize the part#'s are the same). the 10.5 is the section width, but the tread width is 8.3", while the 235 has 8.4".

I had a thread on here last spring where I was asking for help with the suspension. I asked several people who I respect greatly of their opinions. Most everyone agreed that I should go back to conventional control arms and that the ET Streets were old technology and wouldn't work well. I already had the money spent, so I was determined to give it a chance.

I had the help of Kevin Slaby from baseline suspensions. I followed his advise and went from a best of 1.83 to 1.57 60ft with nothing more than setting up the suspension according to him.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I too have Kevin's uppers and pro3i lowers (anyone here old enough to remember those?).
I've only had 3 launches on my new tire (same tire you are running, ET street bias, aka DOT's) and have been a best of 1.64. I know there is more in it but 3 times to the bulbs is not enough to get it dialed. Headed to the track on Nov 20... hope to get the 60' down, but will be running in 4500' or worse air, so doubt the ET will be great.

My best 2 runs so far this year... 306, E7te's, 2280d/a and red lights (car is reacting quick, need to adjust the driver)

Reactions: 1 user