Let's Play a Game! (This IS Tech)

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
McLean Hospital
Lets bring out our first contestant, Granatelli! (Crowd: booooooooooooooooooooo) :D

What's wrong with this picture? Hint! It is a Granatelli Upper Control Arm; high quality, USA made, precision suspension componet (yeah ok :lol:)

missingwhat.jpg

Give up?

It's missing a WELD. 2 points for you if you got it right :nice: (Crowd: yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) :)

missingweldanswer.jpg

OK next question, What's wrong with this picture? Hint! Same Granatelli Upper Control Arm; high quality, USA made, precision suspension componet (I'm killing myself over here :lol:)

bestweldeva1.jpg

Give up?

The ****ing welder didn't lay the bead straight and wandered off and didn't connect the metal, also ALOT of spatter all over the place, I wouldn't doubt they used flux wire insted of Mig. I have to give some credit, they did deburr SOME of it ;)

bestweldeva111111111.jpg

Yes, I was looking thru some of my old GT boxes and found these laying around, and just wanted to add yet another QUALITY thread to the oh so famous granatelli name into the archives. Please stay away from his products and drive safe :)

Attachments

• missingwhat.jpg
    missingwhat.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 133
  • missingweldanswer.jpg
    missingweldanswer.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 94
  • bestweldeva1.jpg
    bestweldeva1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 101
  • bestweldeva111111111.jpg
    bestweldeva111111111.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Sponsors (?)

elite130 said:
I'm speechless. That just makes me scared for all those who are running components from them that have similar weld issues and don't even know it. Where there is one, there is always another.
not only the weld, but the metal quality and thickness aswell :notnice:

I just heard that SHM merged with GMS and they have listed SD Wheeler as the CEO...Company...of...the...year!!!

Post up the picture of the broken LCA just to make sure people fully understand (hotlinking the now famous corral thread wouldn't hurt either).