Let's play, name that part!

ok, what goes in these two holes in the BACK of the lower intake?
The right side (would be passenger side) in GREEN is where the coolant tube connects going into the TB; but if I'm installing the cobra intake; what is there a plug I should be putting here instead???

What about the driver's side, left in picture- in RED
my old stock intake is a strange square peg plug looking thing that doesn't appear to be anything but a plug?

If i'm supposed to plug both of these holes, anyone know what size threads this is? Where would I get something like that?

photodisplay.php

• Sponsors (?)

The green one is for the fox EGR cooler line. I'm sure that the red one is for a different car, like the 5.0 Crown Vic's with the backwards intakes. Ford just plugged whatever side that they didnt need. But that was on the stock intake, GT40/Cobra intake IDK why they made the extra hole.

3/8" npt is the size, same as the temp sending unit for the gauge; be sure to use pipe sealant or teflon tape on them too.

Like said before, they are for the EGR coolant return line.

Why is there two? Because different Fords with the 5.0 engine have the intake facing either the passenger or the driver's side of the car.

So one gets plugged, and the other has a hose fitting to clamp a hose onto for the stock setup.

Since the Cobra intake doesn't have EGR coolant, put a 3/8" NPT plug into both.

I relocated my stock temp sensor to one of them when i put my Autometer gauge in. Keep in mind the coolant at the rear of the intake is slightly cooler. It is not an accurate location for temp sensors and fan switches as it tends to be 10-20 degrees cooler than the front of the intake.