Lets play the numbers game again...

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
I am fixing to start my winter/ spring project and I need som help. I have the stock '87 5.0 h.o. out of my GT hatch from when I replaced it, so that is my platform. Let me know what kind of power you think I will be making and which you would go with.

'87 5.0, bored .040, stock E7's, stock aluminum 4brl intake, and iether a 550-650 cfm Holley

OR

'87 5.0, bored .040, reworked 289's, stock aluminum 4brl intake, and either a 550-650 Holley

I also need some suggestions on a cam to run. Keep in mind I want to be running 89 octane gas and maybe put a little spray an it at the track.

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Well I am prolly going .040 over cause I was told that it was already taken 30 over. I am just now getting an engine stand so that I can actually propperly do all the engine work without breaking my back. I still haven't torn it down yet so I dont know the cylinder size myself. As for the E7's, they will see some minor port work but will retain the stock valve size. I am hoping to put somewhere between 800 and 1200 into the block, heads, valve train components, gaskets, and bearings. Then what ever the pistons run if I don't have to buy rods.

Nate