Lightning rear ate it today.

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
Well the here's story.
I've had my 93 lightning for about 1.5 years now. The day I bought it, the jackass that took me to get it rearended me on the way home. About a month later the gears came apart. After that happened we got it all straight and then one of the clutches broke on the driver's. So apart it came again.

Tonight I was driving it easy(of all things) and when I stopped I heard a "clack". When I ried to see if it would move it went" Clack, grrrrrrrrrr and Pow" and in that 4 feet I moved that axle slid out of the carrier and about 1.5 feet out the driver's side of the truck.

So now I'll be putting the turbo mustang back on the road so I'll at least have some gas mileage back.

• Sponsors (?)

stackz said:
sounds like you need to exorcise the demons from that rearend...

I do need to get those demons to exorcise they are starting to get a little flabby. :rlaugh:

Kiddiccarus:You under estimate the numbre of cars I have. There's also something else to run. by the time you get here I might be able to run you in the MG.

351wcoupe said:
I do need to get those demons to exorcise they are starting to get a little flabby. :rlaugh:

Kiddiccarus:You under estimate the numbre of cars I have. There's also something else to run. by the time you get here I might be able to run you in the MG.

Lets race, My MG vs Yours... i get a 1/8 mile head start. :rolleyes:

Dr.

Maybe Stinger left you some of his current luck last time he was there - or maybe you gave it to him? Or maybe I'm setting myself up just by suggesting it and both cars are gonna break now?

Luck Let me talk about Luck. My car got hit by lightning, cracked the battery, fused the alternator and the starter. I am still mad about buying the parts to fix it just to get it on the road and depleating the T5 fund.

Stinger said:
We both had the problems before we met each other...

You're doomed now though :D

Definately, It was funny I tried to show him how the car acted but I didn't have tags on the car. It probably seemed fairly quick when I lit the tires up rolling in 3rd gear(on rocks)

140-I'm thinking about taking a little road trip in july. I'd like to head your way and drop off a little luck for you and cro. This will slowly spread throughout the turbo ford nation. All will fall. :p

I will be in VB on the 3rd in the WEEEEE hours of the am. 351 said that he is going to swing something the 8th Thursday night at a track, I will be there to meet up with him that day and go to the track that night then afterwards head back to VB to meet littlespic fromTF for a day of go karting and a BBQ.

The more the merrier I say so pack the bags and lets head to the track I can pit crew for anyone.