lil help with 95 gt

383blaze

Mar 22, 2008
my wifes car is a 95 gt mustang 5.0,having problems with the car idling,,when cold or warm the idle surges until the car quits,even when going down the road,,as soon as the rpms go back to idle position,it starts surging and then quits,tryin to save all the hassle of just changing sensors at random,just if anyone has had this problem b4,,could save me some cash and time,,,much appreciated,,o yea,,im getting no chk engine light either,,wouldnt one of these sensors set the warn light off?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the boards.
You will still want to pull codes, as the CEL need not be illuminated for codes to be stored. Your 95 GT's data link connector is on the passenger side of the engine compartment between the firewall and strut tower (dont use the OBD-II port inside the cabin).

The 94-95's use a load-based processor which relies heavily on the MAF. If you havent, you might want to check the MAF/air inlet connections and consider cleaning the MAF wires.

If the car has any modifications to it, use the signature feature to list them. Mods change recommendations/advice.

Good luck.

the write up was it,,thats what i needed ,,a how to,,,but thats what it was,,cleaned it with carb cleaner,,no q tip,,im not touching that wire,but it worked,,yay,thanks for the help:nice: