limited slip on gts

afsoccaplayer04

Jun 29, 2004
the 01-02 GTs have limited slip differentials right? i have an 02 GT and i was racing my friend last night and before we went i did a light burn out to warm my tires up a little bit and my drivers side tire wasnt spinning, this bothers me because i was quite confident that my GT came with a limited slip differential. Now i also had a full tank of gas and 17x10.5 rims with nitto drs i dont know if that was a factor but i was getting i little worried. so if ya'll could let me know what ya'll think that would be great. the passenger side tire was spinning but the drivers side tire did nothing.

• Sponsors (?)

All GT's and cobra's have limited slip differentials. If your a one wheel bandit your posi needs a rebuild or replaced. Labor will cost you $200-$300 and $140 for a stock replacement trak-lok or not sure on a rebuild kit. I would just 31 spline it. frpp 31 spline posi is $189 and 31 spline moser axles are $220. A new gear is $139-$179 Labor will still be in the $300 range.

Josh

Yes 99+ GT has traclock. But they are clutch type defferentials, and does wear out after a while. If your car has some miles on it, and only one side is spinning I think thats fair to say your Traclock is gone, and need rebuilt. Depending on how car was driven, some times they go quick too. I've heard as early as 15000miles

haha...my stock diff gave up at 7,000miles at the track one day....go buy a 31spline eaton and moser 31 spline axels like i did! now i can do a burnout on slicks for hours with both spinning :)

Modular2v said:
haha...my stock diff gave up at 7,000miles at the track one day....go buy a 31spline eaton and moser 31 spline axels like i did! now i can do a burnout on slicks for hours with both spinning :)
Where can you buy them at??? Link?