Lincoln LSC rear end swap? Will it work?

So my parts guy says he can get me a LSC 8.8 with 3.55's and disk's. Is the 5 lug the same bolt pattern as the Mustang? If I remember correctly this will bolt right into my 86 except no quad shock mounts.
Anyone know for sure before he brings it over?
Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah it will work, all the brakes and stuff bolt up, these are usually what is used in a cheap 5 lug swap, I have the mk7 brakes all around and it will STOP!! LOL If you want to put the whole rear in I believe that works too, dosent hurt to try though, this is how we find out all this stuff.

Yup, it's a lot wider. 2.5" total or 1.25" each side.

They are the same rear disks as the Mustang SVO. 11.35" rotors and 54mm calipers.

To compliment it, you will need to upgrade to 87+ spindles and run the 11" Mark 7 front disks and 73mm front calipers. Then you will need an 84-86 SVO MC and related hardware.

Biggest concern however is the additional 1.25" each side out back, so depending on your wheels you might want to check into that

doesnt the MK7 have a 7.5" rearend?

No, at least not in the 86-92 models and not on the LSCs.

Doesnt the MK7 have airbag suspension?

Allen

Yes, but as long as you use the Mustang LCAs it does not matter.

Returning to the original questions...

As for wheels, you can run the stock 94-04 17x8 Mustang wheels on it, but they will stick out a bit much. I've seen a few Saleens with Bullitt wheels (same rear brakes) and while they fit, they stick out a bit much for my taste. Now the 05-07 wheels fit a bit better and are closer in backspacing to the SVO wheels. MM&FF put some 05 wheels on their SVO and they fit, but the fronts couldn't use the center caps. This would be solved with the SN95 front conversion.

Another option is to modify the brackets and use the Ranger/Aerostar axles on the rear. This keeps the stock Fox width and is what I'm running now:

http://home.pacbell.net/black306/tech/reardisc.html

Also, you might want to double check and make sure it has traction loc. Most Lincolns did not have it, but if it is truly from a LSC, most likely it does.