Lokar A/T Kickdown cable

jes72mustang

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
224
1
0
S. Central PA
I am still trying to figure this whole A/T Kickdown linkage cable thing on my 72 stang, and on another board it was recommended I use a Lokar cable in place of the tublar linkage. I was just wondering if anyone else has used this and what results they have had.

Thanks
 
Thanks

Ok so what is your set up? What Engine , Carb and Tranny? Mine is 351c with Performer intake Holley Carb and FMX tranny.

HOw was installation of the lokar parts? and how is operations?

Again thanks for the response.


BTW: Your setup looks great.
 
I am running a Holley 750 Vac Sec
Edelbrock performer RPM
5.0

The lokar stuff was easy, I had to by a TV corrector for the holley (corrects the angle). Install was very easy, 10mm nut holds it on the trans under the pan bolts, cable gets routed up to carb. I had to cut the srk-4000 bracket so it would not interfere with my throttle rod (wont be an issue for you.) After that pull slack out of cable till there was no slack, tightened clevis and worked just fine. If you are paranoid about frying the trany hook a guage up and test or have it towed to a trans shop for adjustment.

I had to add a late model AOD slip yoke due to length issues but otherwise everything slipped right in.
 
here's my set-up..............it's all lokar stuff

DSCN4217.JPG
 
I have a 73 vert with a 351C and a C6...

Edelbrock Performer intake and carb. I tried using the Edelbrock kickdown adapter and it was a real pain. So I went with a Lokar kit. Only had two problems (1) installing the bracket on the transmission with the tranny in the car (not much room down there) and (2) when I shortened the cable I pulled the ferrule off. Took me forever to get it back on because of the braided sheathing. I should have just slid it down the cable out of the way and then cut the cable.

Once I got the kit installed it worked great. Oh besides the cable kit you are also going to need the mounting bracket (about $20). I think I have some pictures. Email me at [email protected] for more info.