Long time lurking

jasonface1

Jan 18, 2010
Hello all, been using this forum for quite a while to search for any answers I've needed, but just recently joined up. My car is a '66 GT Coupe, factory K car. My dad bought it new in '66 from Town and Country Ford in Reseda, Ca, and it was given to me when I got my license in 1980. I drove it for several years, then the "restore it" bug bit me. It's been sitting for longer than I'll ever admit, but I'm finally rolling on this project again. Here's a recent pic showing the rear end about to go in:
mustang.jpg

It will be going back to its original Emberglow paint, with the Pony Emberglow and Parchment interior. It will be somewhat modified (sorry you concours guys) with a stroker motor, C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, rear discs and other bits and pieces. I realize it would probably be worth more stock, but my dad had raced this extensively in the late 60's and early 70's, and it had been modded long before I ever got it. The original hipo 289 was blown up around 1971, as my dad descibed it "going down the back straight of Riverside International Raceway at about 135 MPH". Besides, it's been in the family since it was new, and I'm never selling it, so I'm going to mod it to fit what I want. I look forward to talking with you all, and hopefully meeting some of you and getting to check out some cool cars. I'm in the SoCal area, I'm sure there must be a few of you out here. Take care, and I'm glad to be here!

• Sponsors (?)