Longtube Headers: Need some help.

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
Well, a guy wants to buy my shorty jet hot headers and off road h pipe so I figure this would be a good time to step it up to long tubes. I am probably going to get BBK's. Are these a PITA to put in? I installed the shorty headers and that was fine. Do I have to remove the steering shaft and starter? I have a lift to pull off the old stuff and wonder if I should use the lift to put these in as well. I have flowmaster 3 chambers as well. Which mid pipe should I get? My friend has a BBK midpipe and it fits like crap. I am contemplating going to an x pipe. Any tips on putting these in would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I just did BBK LTs with a BBK catted H. I already had the tranny out to do the clutch so it made it a lot easier. I don't know if I would have had the patiece otherwise. The drivers side went in no prob, but I had to jack the motor up to get the passenger side on. I actually have easier access to the starter bolts with the LTs. I may have been saved by heads, which have slightly raised exhaust ports. The stock location may have presented more of a pita.