Look at this beautiful $6000 gem.

• Sponsors (?)

I think he put one to many zeros on the price. I'll give him 600, I could use the hatch and front bumper covers, plus whatever else good useable stuff is still there.

Did you even read the description of parts? :scratch:

Vehicle has been in an accident. Being sold for Engine, Transmission and Rear End. Built 308 Cubic Inch, Engine, Rear End and Transmission have less than 2000 miles on them. Polished Paxton Novi 2000 Super Charger 500+ Horse Power, Super Dependable Tremec TKO 600R 5 Speed Transmission, Roush 200 Ported and Polished Heads, Comp Cam, .560 Lift 280 Duration Comp Valves, Comp Springs, Edelbrock Victor Jr Upper and Lower Intakes, Edelbrock 70mm Throttlebody, Holley 255 Litre/HR Fuel Pump, Aeromotive Fuel System, Anderson PMS 3 Computer System, Anderson 4" Cold Air Fender Intake, 73mm Mass Air Meter, MSD Ignition, Long Hedman Tube Headers, Ford Racing Injectors, Auburn Axles, Richmond 3.73 Gears, Power Brakes, 2 1/2" Flowmaster Exhaust (some exhaust damage), Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan. Engine is a DSS Level 10 Professionally Built Engine. Heat and A/C! $6000.00 as is, you haul!

He's probably got at least twice that into the power/drive train. I'd buy it in a heart beat if I were in the market for building up a Fox body. All the hard work is done for you. Just swap it out. :shrug:

It didn't sell the last time it was listed, why would it sell now?

After a hit like that, what's not to say something in the driveline isn't damaged? The tranny could be cracked? The block could be cracked where the trans was bolted on, misc other items could be damaged?

It's a gamble really. Only way to fully inspect is to remove it completely from the car. Only then would you know.

Honestly, that guy is better off parting the car out on his own....but then again he could be dead and a family member is just trying to sell off the wreckage. That's a pretty serious driver's side door hit. I would imagine if that guy lived...he'd be out of commission for a while

No one is going to pay him anything close to $6k, because the people that know how to tear a car apart and reinstall the parts into another one will also know what they're worth. If that car were completely functional, it still wouldn't sell for more than $10k max. So, he's out of his mind asking $6k. His best bet is to disassemble it himself and part it out.

Chris

Ps. I hope nobody was in the driver's seat when it was struck by that freight train.

Looks like it was spun into a tree. I dont see any blood though. Mabey the person came out realativly OK :shrug:
He hit the tree pretty freakin hard though. Must of been flying.

I agree, parting this out himself and listing everything individually will get him closer to his asking price. I wouldn't pay $6k for a pile of parts i had to take apart myself...to me that's more reason to pay LESS since i have to dismantle it and then deal with the scrap when i'm done.

I agree, parting this out himself and listing everything individually will get him closer to his asking price. I wouldn't pay $6k for a pile of parts i had to take apart myself...to me that's more reason to pay LESS since i have to dismantle it and then deal with the scrap when i'm done.

Yes and no I guess. Many people (like myself) would be more inclined to buy an engine/trans that I could actually hear/see run, over parts I would have no idea worked until I had already torn my stuff apart and installed them? shrug:

Like I said....for a guy looking to do a power/drivetrain transplant to their vehicle, this is a smoking deal! It would be ideal for the guy looking to transform his 4cyl LX into a hard hitting V8. Perfect donor car, without the need to upgrade.