Look at this beautiful $6000 gem.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont think it would be an easy sale for 6k if it wasnt wrecked

Honestly, I was hesitant to say that because I think the fact that it's supercharged would have someone chomping at the bit to take it off of his hands for $6k, but even if I were interesting in such a car, i would personally not pay more.

I'm with you. I think $6k would be reasonable if it were a running and driving car. Granted, the guy put a lot of money into the car, but these are not new parts. So, what is it worth? :

- a TKO is worth $1200 or so used
- the engine might go for $2000-$2500 if it were as new as he claims and he can prove it, and if it hadn't been wrecked. (I sold my engine for $2500)
- the rear end is nothing really - just gears and axles... probably would sell for $500-$800 altogether?
- The supercharger would go for somewhere around $1000-$1500
- It looks like he might be able to pull maybe a couple hundred more out of the wheels

The rest of the car is scrap. Maybe a hundred here or there for the junk you could pull off, but would it be worth the work you'd have to put into it? I've done this before, but it was with my old car after I wrecked it and wanted to build up a 4cyl conversion. I wouldn't dare pay someone $6k for a wrecked mustang on top of the money and work I'd have to put into a 4 cylinder to get it to the same point I could have just bought a decently modified 5.0 for in the first place.

So, if you add up my high-side guesstimates of the values, then $6k is an understandable price if you're willing to do the disassembly for free, and if you have reason to believe that the parts would not need to be repaired or discarded. There's definitely no way to guarantee that after a wreck though. With my old 5.0 that was hit, my engine had to have the crank replaced, and the tranny's case also had to be replaced.

If the guy wants to sell this car without parting it, I think he should ask $3500 for it and hope I could drag $3k away from it all. Else, people are just going to continue to shy away from it.

Just some thoughts,

Chris

If the guy wants to sell this car without parting it, I think he should ask $3500 for it and hope I could drag $3k away from it all. Else, people are just going to continue to shy away from it.

Just some thoughts,

Chris

I agree 100%, if i was to buy it i'd pay 3k the way it sits, that car is more of a gamble than a scratch ticket with the force that telephone pole or tree put into it.

And like i said before, 6k for me is a stretch if the car wasnt wrecked. I feel like a stock fox is worth more money in my eyes. Yes, it has a ton of aftermarket parts on it, but who knows what Johnny Redknee mechanic did the work, from my expierience with modified cars, i dont want someone else's unfinished project, unless i know who built it an know they do quality work, they can keep it.

It took me about 3 years to find all the hackery that was going on under my car... and myne was nice when i bought it. Bottom line is people cut corners

If it was not totaled I would go $7000 on it. I love Docs car and that one is identical just with a better trans and a blower. I think at $6000 Doc got a great deal on his :shrug:

I agree 100%, if i was to buy it i'd pay 3k the way it sits, that car is more of a gamble than a scratch ticket with the force that telephone pole or tree put into it.

And like i said before, 6k for me is a stretch if the car wasnt wrecked. I feel like a stock fox is worth more money in my eyes. Yes, it has a ton of aftermarket parts on it, but who knows what Johnny Redknee mechanic did the work, from my expierience with modified cars, i dont want someone else's unfinished project, unless i know who built it an know they do quality work, they can keep it.

It took me about 3 years to find all the hackery that was going on under my car... and myne was nice when i bought it. Bottom line is people cut corners

you cant group all people into that stereotype i dont think that im one of those people hence the reason im so enthusiastic about putting up all the pictures about my build, but generally your correct about people