Look What Came In The Mail

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
Got a box in the mail today with a whole lotta sexy!!!

IMAG1235.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1236.jpg
    IMAG1236.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks great! quick quiestion.. does that ram air leak water at all? I think its like $400 from Cervini....

Thnx :nice:, I bought that kit around 2001 or '02 for like $350 then. Never had 1 problem with it. When it rains, the large offset flap catches any water and runs it down before the filter. The neck of the filter has a half inch gap around the neck and it's away from the flap or wall on the box. Any water runs down that wall, think on the inside of the hood scoop there may be an edge lip at the opening to keep excess water coming in. Let me check, I will take some pics in a sec hold on and we'll check it out. But I've never had one sputter or anything when raining, not one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So here's what I got, there is a small groove lower than the screen that funnels it down out the passenger side scoop, air is actually going upward over the valley when it enters, the right one also has a groove that funnels it out on its left side. I've sprayed the right scoop at the car wash and seen it drain out the left scoop before, drains pretty fast also. And the filter is offset on the box wall so I think it all works.

IMAG1245.jpg
IMAG1240.jpg
IMAG1242.jpg
IMAG1246.jpg

Thanks. I've heard guys had to drill a hole in the bottom of the housing to let water drain out. Very nice but damn 400.. and you never see them used.

Yes i could see where it could puddle at the bottom of the box. A small hole could help, i dont have the lower box, the left fender side so it just runs out. My filter was too big for that box so i extended the fiberglass upper box. So it just blocks the engine heat, it stays real cold on the other side of the box. I was shocked one summer day when i started checking how cool it got on that left side.

Last edited:
:lol:
Cobra intake came before the explore intake :rlaugh:

What about if i said "i got seats with a snake on them", then let the non-informed person say a response....lol

When I'm speaking to an
informed person , I say "look at my gt500 seats"...lol

the mats will now engrave the word cobra in the brain hahahahaha!!!