look what was waiting for me when i got home today

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
Newstang041.jpg

Mac 2.5" catback, ordered it wendsday, and if all goes well and i actually get off work when i want to saturday, itll be on the car by saturday night. looks like some of the coating got scratched up a little bit on one of the tailpipes, no big deal to me, no one will ever see it once its under the car. hopefully in the next few weeks ill be able to get a matching catted-h, then either headers, subframes, or gears. dont know which, probably subframes, but we'll see what happens, if anybody has suggestions id be more than happy to hear.

oh, btw, ill see if i cant get some sound clips saturday when its all tightened up.

Attachments

• Newstang041.jpg
    Newstang041.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the same cat-back. Sounds very sick. Only problem with mine was getting the tailpipes to quit from rattling while keeping them straight, so I'm thinking about taking em off. Have to wait and see how it does with my headers though. The drone with stock gears sounded good, and with gears I still love it except on loooonng highway trips. But it still doesn't bother me though. With just a cat-back though it was no worse than the stock pipes/flow mufflers though.

Also, go with the gears imo. They are the best bang for the buck mod I have. Subframes will help but nothing like gears. You'll be fine w/o subframes with just exhaust and gears.

90_Red_LX said:
I have the same cat-back. Sounds very sick. Only problem with mine was getting the tailpipes to quit from rattling while keeping them straight, so I'm thinking about taking em off. Have to wait and see how it does with my headers though. The drone with stock gears sounded good, and with gears I still love it except on loooonng highway trips. But it still doesn't bother me though. With just a cat-back though it was no worse than the stock pipes/flow mufflers though.

Also, go with the gears imo. They are the best bang for the buck mod I have. Subframes will help but nothing like gears. You'll be fine w/o subframes with just exhaust and gears.

my old lx had mac tails with flowmasters on it, to me they were a pita to keep adjusted, one always wanted to pull in to the car and let the pipe rub on the tire (and it liked to hit a control arm too, i blame whoever welded it for that, it was a very sloppy job). i like how theyre designed in seperate pieces to wrap over the axel though, which is why im glad ive got a gt, wont have to mess with that sloppy, always loosening tip bracket.

im leaning more toward gears than anything else right now too, a set of 4:10's should wake it up pretty good, just gotta find someone to install em around me (i could probably do it myself, but it seems a huge pita to get it running right from what ive been reading).

Yeah they've been a bitch but no rubbing issues, it just started rattling after catching a speedbump b/c my x-pipe sags. Still debating on just running turndowns on mufflers and saying f**k it as much as the neighbors and dad would like that (dad does inspections and always says it looks bad when you let your family slide but fail others) but I was suppossed to already have my license before I went on my beach trip but it messed it up. So I'll be going to inspection school a little later on this summer.

I think with enough time and research I could've done my own gears but my car is a daily driver and I needed it back asap so I didn't go at it on my own. After building a motor for school though I feel like I can do a lot, just need time and experience.

Im selling my Mac catback cheap soon... Tailpipes started to get some surface rust, so Ill probably sand them down, and throw a polish on them and get rid of it. Sounds very nice and deep, but I want something different... You will like them!

i helped a friend of mine with his exhaust, i think his name is 87gt snake or something stupid like that:rolleyes: , but anyway.. we did the mac x-pipe and the slp catback... both of which sound amazing together... i love the sound.. the mac stuff fits awesome too... :nice: to good fitment and great sound... i really like the slp stuff

poneypower89 said:
thats funny... because THIS was waiting for me when I got home the other day. :rolleyes:

1135%20hot%20babe.jpg

have her waiting over at my place tomorrow then, ill be home around 5ish.

when i first got my old lx, it had a mac off-road h on it that i replaced with a bbk catted h. should have hung on to that, it looked liked it would have been so much easier to put on than the bbk (which was a bit of a pos). it was starting to get a little too rusted though for me, so away it went. stupid mistake.