Looking At Cowl Style Hood For My 93...kaenen Of Cervini?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
first off does anyone know if kaenen is still in business? i like the kaenen is 3"....also contemplating the cervini 4"...but not sure if the 4" is too tall...i like the fact that the kaenen is completely open in the back and doesn't utilize the screen and smaller holes like the cervini...pics would be great...different angles even better...i currently have a Boss inc cyberstallion which i love but looking to possibly clean up the lines a little for next season and run aero latches...

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you have nothing under the hood that necessitates the use of a large hood, I would highly recommend the Cervinis 2.5 inch cowl.

You still get a significant rise of the cowl, it's a functional inductive cowl, and it doesn't look like clown shoes. It has the added benefit of being 50 state legal.

If you absolutely must have a taller cowl because that's your thing, I still think the Cervinis 3 inch cowl looks pretty good.

Anything over that IMHO needs to be there because it's a stroked 9.5 inch deck with a PD blower sitting on top. Looks great with a mini-tub and full cage.

But that's just me. :D

thanks for the replies...i have heard really good things about cervinis...perhaps you are right about the 2.5" ...whats hard is not being able to see any in person and judging by peoples pictures. is the height measured when installed off of the wiper cowl area?

That I dont know, but sounds like a good way to measure it. A four inch is pretty massive. If its an engine that could fit under a stock hood, then I would keep with a 2.5" if youre just going for the look.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a Kaenen 3" hood on my '92 until I went to a 427" 351W and now I have one of the aforementioned 4" lift off Harwood hoods, which is massive, but unfortunately necessary in the current configuration. I have seen Cervini hoods and although some of the nicer ones out there, are not as nice as the Kaenens. Kaenen still made them as of last summer, but they are hard to locate unless you are local (Florida) and can go and pick one up.

i messaged kaenen on facebook asking a few questions about the 3" cowl hood. they saw my message but never replied. i can definately get by with the 2.5" hood clearance wise and its both for aesthetics and function.

rookie...is the underside finished? all the ones i can find for sale have an unfinished underside...

i messaged kaenen on facebook asking a few questions about the 3" cowl hood. they saw my message but never replied. i can definately get by with the 2.5" hood clearance wise and its both for aesthetics and function.

rookie...is the underside finished? all the ones i can find for sale have an unfinished underside...

Kaenen's have a rough unfinished underside.

IMG_2922.JPG
Get the cervinis, I have the stormin Norman and it came perfect and ready to go, just needed paint. Perfect height, not some crazy cowl you can't see over