Looking at either heads or small blower

brianjh20

Jan 20, 2004
near utica ny
Hi, i am kind of a newbie as far as modifing my stang although i come from a family that works on stangs almost every night we currently have 7 running stangs and 3 "parts cars". I have done the basics to my 89 5.0 convert (all new exhaust including headers back, timing, cold air, roller rockers, alot of lil things i recently converted auto to stick which was a huge advantage considering my car came stock with 3.27 gears.) well to the point i have about $1200 and i am looking to either by gt40X heads or go and buy a smaller blower about 6 pounds boost but i do not want to have to rebuild my motor every winter. Since i went away for college my car is just driven about 2 months during the summer. What would u do be safe and get heads or go for the more hp and get a blower? By the way how much hp would i gain with heads, blower? When i do get heads or a blower i plan on getting a cam also. thanks for the advice guys

• Sponsors (?)

I believe a vortech "A" trim can be had for under $2000. I had heads/cam/intake on the 302 to make 303rwhp and run around 109mph. A friend of mine had the "A" trim on a basically stock 302 and made 330rwhp and ran around 112mph. Forced induction is the way to go, add the heads later when you have more money and be even faster :p
mike.