Looking at some 94/95 GT/Cobras, have a few Q's

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Hi, I am looking at a few 94/95 Gt's and Cobras, and had a few questions on them. What would be a good price for a one with bolt ons like gears, exhaust, etc. and one with a h/c/i, or a blower setup? How much more in price is a decent Cobra over a GT? Body has to be straight, only whats acceptable from normal driving (ie maybe a door ding, a few rock chips, etc.) Any funky troubles from these cars? Any bad rust spots or anything? Thanks.

I noticed prices were the same or cheaper then a nice fox, so I got to looking into them. I seen some nice prices, but they all have that brown interior. I want gray or black. Is it hard to dye the interior to look right, or is it easier to just get junkyard parts?

No disrespect, but imo I really just don't like the color at all. But everyone has their opinions. Anyways, what would be a good going price on a pretty decent gt/cobra? Looking for one with at least bolt ons. Mileage to an extent doesn't matter if it's took care of.

Seen a 95 cobra with 125k on it for 7k obo, what do you guys think? Are cobras expensive to insure over a gt on parent's insurance?

Would you guys settle for a gt or go for the cobra? I really would like to have a snake, just to have an svt, but is it worth the cost? Goals are low 12s with not a whole lot of money in it.

Also, can exhaust from a fox swap over easily to a sn95? Cat-back and xpipe? Dad would probably want the lx stock if I bought a cobra, so I'd swap over if I could. Thanks!

super302 said:
I can almost gurantee you the cobra insurance will be WAY too much for you, i called many times to dif. insurance companies and it almost made me pass out when i heard the cost.

We have about 4 cars on insurance, and if I put limited miles or something on it, would be be that bad?

Are the GT's a lot better over the cobras?

90_Red_LX said:
We have about 4 cars on insurance, and if I put limited miles or something on it, would be be that bad?

Are the GT's a lot better over the cobras?

The 94/95 cobra's arent that much better than the GT, especially if you choose to mod them, the only thing the cobras have are a better front bumper and better brakes (and a few other things), not worth the HUGE jump in insureance rates if you ask me....now the 96+ cobras are a whole different story

I'm guessing your 18/19 years old, insurance on a kewbra will kill you

I'll tell you one thing if you find a 94-95 cobra with rust on it then something is deadly wrong. I spent 6K for mine. They are different from GT's i've driven a bunch. Stock they are very different espically in auto X. If you want a cobra get one I love mine to death. And yes the tan cloth aint pretty but i've got it kinda rare 1of66 with the color combo in 95.

I was really wanting a cobra, but if insurance is that much of a difference, . Are you assuming if the cobra was in my name though? It would defintely be in my dads name, and I figured a 10 year old car wouldn't be too bad. I'd like the cobra for the better bumper, better suspension, and to say I have a cobra. Not many at all where I live.

i was looking at a 94 gt and my cobra when i was car shopping three years ago i was 18 at the time made the call and there was no difference in the insurace prices at all. I used state farm they said there were only 4 models that were higher.
1.convertable
2.if it was red
3.if it was the removable hardtop cobra
4.If it was a cobra R
I answered no to all and gladly saw it was only 85 bucks a month.

WHAT!!

i better re-check (again) my insurance rates

Hmm, I may have to do it. Right now I'm in saving mode, scraping up everything I can, so I'll probably step into something not long after my 18th birthday. That is unless my dad allows me to do what I want with the LX. Still really want a cobra though.