Looking for a constant power wire?

• Sponsors (?)

Ignition wires are red and there are several under the hood. Use a meter to test your red wires to good ground on your battery. Just tswitch the key on and off until you find one close to the location you need. Just do not use a yellow wire. They are 12v hot all the time.

Ignition wires are red and there are several under the hood. Use a meter to test your red wires to good ground on your battery. Just tswitch the key on and off until you find one close to the location you need. Just do not use a yellow wire. They are 12v hot all the time.

Thanks...i want to run my fogs on a separate switch so i have to find a switched key source so when i tune the car off if i forget to turn the switch off they go off anyways...

If that is what you want, I would run a new wire from the red wire on the back of your fuse block to the foglight switch then from the switch to the lights. If you just tap into an ignition wire, every time your key is on...your lights will be on as well.

If that is what you want, I would run a new wire from the red wire on the back of your fuse block to the foglight switch then from the switch to the lights. If you just tap into an ignition wire, every time your key is on...your lights will be on as well.

True but i was going to wire in a toggle switch so i can turn them on or off anytime...but say if i forgot them on by not turning the switch off by shutting the car off the lights will go off also....its kinda like a double safety....lol

I was saying you could use the factory foglight switch that the GTs came with. Just run the wire to it removing the constant 12v line. Basically just run a short ignition wire from the red wire on the back of your fuse box under the driver side dash to the constant 12v side of your foglight switch. Then just snip the constant wire off the switch. Doing all this with the battery unhooked of course. All done!:nice:

It was suggested to use VPWR as a source for the foglights. I would not do this unless you already added a fog light relay and the new (VPWR) source is only feeding the control side of the relay.