Looking for an unusual part

lparsons

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 24, 2004
Upstate New York
I need the lens for the rear license plate lights. I wasn't even sure how to ask for this part under the classifieds section, so I figured I'd post it here. I suspect it may be 94-98 specific, but I'm not sure. One of mine broke and fell off, I suspect the other one will probably do so soon as well. If anyone has one (or even better, two) of these that they'd like to sell, please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

The letters on the outside of the assembly for the lens reads

SAE-L-79-MG

I of course need the whole works, as the lens is molded into the assembly which is broken. I'm not sure yet how to remove this part from the car. The two phillips head screws in it just turn freely without making any noticeable difference to the location or mobility of the assembly itself.

I need one of those too.

check www.50resto.com

If you find it let me know cause I dont know what to look for either. lol

Hey, don't you guys at least have decent junkyards down in Louisiana? I'm up in upstate New York, and all our junk yards are useless unless you want something from a japanese car that is less than 4 years old.

But I'll keep looking and I'll let you know if I find one. If you figure out how to get the damn thing out, please let me know.

Actually, this looks promising:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-13550K 1&comp=LRS

edit:
I just ordered it. NY requires annual vehicle inspections, and I'm overdue. Last year I failed due to a burnt out license plate light bulb, so I suspect the missing light would be an automatic fail as well. Now I just have to figure out how to get the original ones out. If you really only need one, you can have my one good one once I get it out.

Thats exactly what I/we need.

Awesome

As far as the junk yards down here. They are ok. But I dont visit them often. But I need to make a trip to find an explorer and some stang parts.

Actually, this looks promising:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-13550K 1&comp=LRS

edit:
I just ordered it. NY requires annual vehicle inspections, and I'm overdue. Last year I failed due to a burnt out license plate light bulb, so I suspect the missing light would be an automatic fail as well. Now I just have to figure out how to get the original ones out. If you really only need one, you can have my one good one once I get it out.

Wow I have been looking for a while and went to ford and they told me $140 So i said screw that. But thats awesome now i know I can get them I am going to order them soon as well.

Mine just came yesterday afternoon, I'll try putting them in tonight. They sent the fasteners for them as well.
It looks like I can probably just break off the fasteners that are in there and get the lenses out that way. Is there a better way to do this?

Pull on the screws with your finger nail to get them started...then they just screw out and u can pull the plug out. Then the housing will fall right out. I got mine for free from a junk yard. They are used on a lot of Ford cars FYI im pretty sure...