Looking for bushings

87 black gt

Jan 24, 2016
Looking for two rear lower control arm bushings these are oval. Looking for rubber ones. Here is a picture of the lower control arm. Any ideas were to look, I can not find them anywhere.any help would be appreciated
20191024_190109.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

What your search has found is correct.
Your only option for the chassis side is polyurethane,the oval rubber replacements aren't reproduced.

Edit:Not sure where your located but If you absolutely need to have ALL rubber in the lower arms,I have a set with really nice original rubber I would be willing to donate.

Last edited:
What your search has found is correct.
Your only option for the chassis side is polyurethane,the oval rubber replacements aren't reproduced.

Edit:Not sure where your located but If you absolutely need to have ALL rubber in the lower arms,I have a set with really nice original rubber I would be willing to donate.
Located in ohio can you mix polyurethane and rubber bushings, it's just a weekend car I was told if you went poly you will have binding and the torque boxes would not last. Do not know if that's true or not

The LCA can be all poly. The UCA is poly at the bottom & retains the factory rubber at the top.
Better to buy the entire arm with the bushings installed. Get the set of 4, they're not that expensive.

You don't want the hard ones with the spherical bushings.

Located in ohio can you mix polyurethane and rubber bushings, it's just a weekend car I was told if you went poly you will have binding and the torque boxes would not last. Do not know if that's true or not

It's nonsense someone made up in order to sell spherical bushings. We all drove around with poly bushings for 20 years and never heard about binding until someone started selling a control arm with spherical bushings. Just grease them up. It's ok to mix poly and rubber bushings.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
Just to clear that up a little more, poly and rubber bushing are for street cars, spherical bushings are for race cars. There are no dust shields or boots on the spherical bushings. If you have a race car, that doesn't matter, because it doesn't get driven enough. On a street car, all the road dust and dirt gets into the spherical bushing and wears it out quickly. The spherical bushings are also hard, for the race track, where ride quality isn't a factor. I have been doing this a long time, and have made many of the mistakes of putting race car parts on my street car.

Kurt

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user