Looking for pics of your cars with 2" drop

Spro

Nov 3, 2007
IL
Im getting ready to have my car lowered. Just need to see some pics so I can get an idea on how mine will look. All the pics I can find are mostly cars with a 1.5" drop. If some of you can post up some pics that will be great as well as what you have done to the suspension. Thanks.

Heres whats being installed on mine.... H&R supersports-tokico shocks/struts-mm cc plates- mm bump steer kit-and polyurethane isolators.

• Sponsors (?)

mine with a 2" drop from eibach sportlines.

after
View attachment 321574

Thats exactly how Im wanting my Mach to sit,but I dunno how much of a drop I need,Im not sure but I think mach's stock sit lower than a GT,:shrug: .Any suggestions on how much drop I would need to get your stance.Also if I did lower what all do I need,parts wise to do it.Sorry if I jumped in on this post but it has to do with lowering.

getcha a set of eibach sportline lowering springs. also go to energysuspension.com and get a set of rear spring isolators as you'll need to replace the stock one (these are what the springs sit in between, they are just a litle piece of polyurethane circles, 1 on the bottom 1 on the top.

you'll need a floor jack, 2 jackstands, an impact, compressor (you can do it by hand but it takes forever), and some sockets.

jack the rear end up, place the jackstands under a supporting point (not under the lower control arms). use the jack to compress the lower control arm just a little bit...remove the bolts holding the rear part of the control arm. slowly release the floor jack so the control arm can lower....once the control arm is down, remove the old spring, replace the new one, compress the control arm until you can slide the bolt through, place nut on and tighten it down. do the other side exactly the same.

I don't recall how the front was done, but I'm sure a chilton's manual will tell you, I know it's the same with compressing the control arm, removing some bolts, and lowering it. you won't need a spring compression tool though.

H & R SS everything else stock
DSCF0382.jpg

Thats exactly how Im wanting my Mach to sit,but I dunno how much of a drop I need,Im not sure but I think mach's stock sit lower than a GT,:shrug: .Any suggestions on how much drop I would need to get your stance.Also if I did lower what all do I need,parts wise to do it.Sorry if I jumped in on this post but it has to do with lowering.

Machs sit about 3/4 of an inch lower than the GT's, so H&R's will only drop the car about another inch at most...

Here is a pic of my Mach when it was lowered on H&R super sports.

DSCN1075.jpg

I wanted it lower, so i went with coilovers...Not sure how much its lowered now, but its a little more than 2"....
4yg4x1z.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

I wouldnt wanna go lower than 2 inches,I like the latter pics but There are just to many dips and speed bumps in my area that would be too much,now the first pic is nice but maybe in between your 2.So I guess I would need the H&R's.

Did some looking and you all are telling me that H&R's drop about an inch,then i see some Eibachs that claim to drop about 1.1" and some even more,any suggestions on whats the best way to go here.

Im thinking Eibachs,after reading some specs on the Mach,it says that it sits 1/2" lower than GT's.So I figure some Sports at a 1.5" drop would give me 2"total...give or take.Am I correct with this thinking?Also I see alot of others talking about a bumpsteer kit,what is this exactly?Do I need it if I lower?:shrug:

Im thinking Eibachs,after reading some specs on the Mach,it says that it sits 1/2" lower than GT's.So I figure some Sports at a 1.5" drop would give me 2"total...give or take.Am I correct with this thinking?Also I see alot of others talking about a bumpsteer kit,what is this exactly?Do I need it if I lower?:shrug:
I wouldn't get the polyurethane spring isolators, as these will raise the car a bit. Therefore you'd never get the drop that you're supposed to get.

And no, the advertised drop for H&R Sports for GTs is like 1.6", and that's what you'll get. Not 2". If you wanna go that low, get the Eibach Sportlines or the H&R Supersports.

You don't need a bumpsteer kit either, unless you want to correct the front roll center. It's not necessary for a everyday street car.

*puts flame suit on*

Sportlines on the front no isos. May or may not swap in the rears, its kinda growing on me and at least this way I can get over a speed bump with a very minor scape on the midpipe. I am kinda afraid what would happen if I tried to cross one with the rear dropped.

sportlinegap01.jpg

sportlinegap04.jpg

sportlinegap05.jpg

sportlinegap06.jpg