Looking for polished intake...

NoSmoke

Aug 30, 2004
I see pictures of 94-95 's engines with what looks like a stock "plenum" but it is polished or chrome as opposed to the normal dull gray cast aluminum. Who knows where I can get one of the polished ones? (some refer to them as gt-40 polished intake - it still has "Cobra" stamped on it )

1995 Cobra - 12,000 orginal miles
Rio Red - 5 spd. - 3:73 rears
ProCharger w/ 8 rib belt upgrade
Kenny Brown subframe work
ModularDepot custom chip - 430RWHP
Lots of other "good" stuff...

• Sponsors (?)

WELCOME!!!! :banana:

I believe the ONLY intake you can buy already polished (new) is the Typhoon (Pro Products) You can go on Ebay and search for Polished Typhoon and it will come up.. All the Mustang shops in the Mags have them too.

If you already have a Cobra Intake (which you should based on your mods) You should just polish that one.. I think the Cobra intake is one of the best looking ones when it's polished.

I have the Typhoon, but I also posted a polished cobra..
RC

835900EnginePolished44.jpg

365464PowerPlus6.jpg

411239CobraIntake.jpg

NoSmoke said:
...that is it - the one I want on the blue towel !!! If I polish mine, is that what it will look like ??? Thanks for the reply and the "welcome" -

Im not dissing you, but I think if YOU, it will NOT look like that...

That is either a professional job or someone that has done it a LOT.

There are numerous threads on here about polishing if you search...an intake is a BIG first-try polishing task.

If you went to a polishing shop, they would prolly charge under $200, and it will sure look close to that....Still not too bad considering how many days/weeks it would take you to do that yourself.

It does look :nice: tho!
RC