Roush Looking to buy, could use some experts' help.

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
Hey, what's up?

The reason for the post is I'm looking to buy a 99-04 Saleen Vert, Red with black interior, and I don't know where to go from there. Pathetic I know, but unforunately here in Canada, you'd probably get a saleen for about $40K CDN and the price that I've seen Saleens go for down south is on average maybe at $30K CDN or so... but I haven't a clue where to look.
Right now I'm driving a '94 GT Vert and I've done some number crunching. The amount of money I've spent already on the car, and what I am willing to do more to it, doesn't equal out to the price of an authentic Saleen. And since I've always wanted one, I figured why not start looking now. This is basically the car I'm looking for:

buy.jpg

buy2.jpg

I expect to spend about $23-$25k USD, but with upgrades on my vert now, it's just not worth the cash. Any leads at all on possible locations and places to look would be appreciated, or even dollar figures you think I'm not aware of.

Any information whatsoever is good for me :D

Thanks everyone, sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)

Well i just bought my 2002 S281SC #08 i got it out of florida the dealerships name is Blacksautomotive they were very good to me i paid exactly the average price on the car that NADA showed and it had alot of upgrades they upgraded the SC to the Series4 put the 04 extreme wing on it the 04 extreme center exhaust and the wider rear tires. Oh and did i mention they paid for shipping and sent me about a dozen t-shirts and videos, amazing dealership. Go to there website at www.blacksautomotive.com or call
(407)- 830-8801 ask for Brian or Adam. Good luck

Caldwell said:
Would you trust an ebay sale?

Two of the Four Saleens that I have owned I first saw on Ebay. Naturally, everyone may not have the same experience and luck that I have had with Ebay, but it is a great tool to use in finding exactly what you are looking for..... So I guess that is a yes to trusting an ebay sale. Just do some research on the seller before making a bid and if it's in my neck of the woods, I would have no problem checking it out in person for you before you made an offer :nice:

s351rspeedster said:
Two of the Four Saleens that I have owned I first saw on Ebay. Naturally, everyone may not have the same experience and luck that I have had with Ebay, but it is a great tool to use in finding exactly what you are looking for..... So I guess that is a yes to trusting an ebay sale. Just do some research on the seller before making a bid and if it's in my neck of the woods, I would have no problem checking it out in person for you before you made an offer :nice:

Thanks man :nice:
I appreciate that.
I'll keep you posted for sure then. I've been looking steadily for a good month anyway.
Thanks again
:cheers:

hey caldwell....just a heads up..I did go get myself a white saleen back in march from orlando florida..... just so ya know it does add up ($$$$) by time you get teh car back home.....you will also pay 15% on the cdn dollar of the car..its just hard to find a real saleen here in canada let alone the niagara region!

mattch2 said:
hey caldwell....just a heads up..I did go get myself a white saleen back in march from orlando florida..... just so ya know it does add up ($$$$) by time you get teh car back home.....you will also pay 15% on the cdn dollar of the car..its just hard to find a real saleen here in canada let alone the niagara region!

Ah, i knew you were talking about it but i wasn't sure if you went through with it. Nice car man, it looks incredible. Did you sell the gt?
It's too hard to find a good, real saleen here in Canada. So am I still looking at approximately $40G?
I need to prepare myself for sales i suppose.

good talking with ya

ya caldwell expect it to be around that range with currency..etc......lots of lil amount you pay along the way!..but thanks for the comments on my car...This thign handles incredible and it draws attention liek a mofo:)