looking to put a blower on my 89 notchback need help

BLOWNNOTCHBACK

Sep 13, 2004
I just bought a gorgeous 89 Notchback and im lookin to put a supercharger on it and beef the motor up a bit. Ive got about $4000 to spend so lets hear some of yalls ideas. Im lookin to be in mid to low 12's if not faster.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, first i would do a nice combo of heads/cam/intake. you didnt mention if the car had any mods done to it or not. ill assume its all stock.
p heads or equivlant irons---$400
RPM or holley or TFS track intake---450
FMS cam/lifter------150
MAF/Injectors/rockers/misc-----900
Novi 1000 (new) or novi 2000 (used) ---- +/- 1600
Labor, unless going to do it yourself----500

Build a nice foundation first, then hit the blower, dont do a blower on a stock motor, its working backwards then.

Buy my Procharger D-1 kit with ATI 3-core intercooler, MSD BTM,trickflow heads, X-303 cam, lifters, roller rockers, timing chain, and equal length headers for $4000. Thats everything you need minus the intake and fuel system to get over 500 horses to the wheels. I did it on a stock block so its possible. I'm going to a big block so this stuff has to go. Its over $6500 in parts with less than 1000 miles on it so its a screamin deal and within your budget.

N8Miller said:
Well, first i would do a nice combo of heads/cam/intake. you didnt mention if the car had any mods done to it or not. ill assume its all stock.
p heads or equivlant irons---$400
RPM or holley or TFS track intake---450
FMS cam/lifter------150
MAF/Injectors/rockers/misc-----900
Novi 1000 (new) or novi 2000 (used) ---- +/- 1600
Labor, unless going to do it yourself----500

Build a nice foundation first, then hit the blower, dont do a blower on a stock motor, its working backwards then.

Agreed. Of course the supercharger will make the car faster, but you will not see anywhere near the power increase from it that you would if the motor was set up for it.