Looking to upgrade the old suspension

Andres2882

Jan 29, 2004
As part of my ongoing saga (spending my financial aid money) I am now focusing on amping up my suspension. As the car is my quasi daily driver, I'd like to build a mild combination that will hook nicely and still maintain a decent ride quality. This is my plan:

H&R sport springs
Tokiko Illumina's Shocks/struts
MM Caster/camber
MM Upper/lower Control arms
MM subframes
Polyurethan bushing kit

Anyone have better ideas or am I missing anything?

• Sponsors (?)

Andres2882 said:
Would there be a significant advantage? I already have the shocks/struts sitting in my closet.

You can use coil overs with your stock style struts and shocks. Coil-overs improve geometery, allow for easy ride higth adjustment, and springs are cheap and easy to swap out.

My stock shocks/struts are completely spent. I can use one hand and bounce the car all over the place. In fact, I'll probably hook worse once I get the good stuff, right?

If the coilovers would work with the tokico's I'd consider them, I really just want a good suspension set which I think them paired with the H&R's will give me. I dont want to have to drop the big bucks for a coilover setup.

Andres2882 said:
My stock shocks/struts are completely spent. I can use one hand and bounce the car all over the place. In fact, I'll probably hook worse once I get the good stuff, right?

If the coilovers would work with the tokico's I'd consider them, I really just want a good suspension set which I think them paired with the H&R's will give me. I dont want to have to drop the big bucks for a coilover setup.

Coil overs are designed to work with factory style struts, if you run billstiens you will need the MM special kit because they are wider, but standard C/O's will slip right on the Tokico's. Coil over's cost more but once you get them you will find it's well worth it. You can adjust the ride higth how ever you like it and you can buy springs cheap, they are easy to install, and there are so many rates and lengths you can buy.