Looks like the car isin't getting painted again. New build.

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i was prowling CL as usual, i had some cash set aside i was gonna use for paint. i just recovered from my torque arm stuff, so it wasn't much yet.

i stumbled upon this, picked it up for.. ready? 900 bucks... NEW on3 turbo kit WITH injectors and maf. gonna throw it on the stock shortblock as soon as i get some gears in the rear swapped out. hope it holds 400-450 rwhp for now :D the kit has the 70mm turbo with it, 44 lb injectors.

• Sponsors (?)

i thought the same thing, lol. we all have the on3 stuff too. crazy..

i did some reading, then some testing to my kit. i have the newest kit without the SS headers. i feel pretty confident in everything for my HP goals especially.

i want stock block survival hp. so i'm gonna aim for like 400-425 at the wheels. my setup now is 300 rwhp, so it will be one hell of an increase. :nice:

well i didnt wanna jynx myself too early on.. but

i traded the turbo kit for a vortech SI trim kit. with FMS injectors/PMAS maf, ect. i just felt alot more comfortable with a blower setup for now.

working on rounding up gauges and such now. hope to get it installed pretty quickly and see if my shortblock takes it. should it not handle the 400rwhp i want, ill freshen it all up, custom cam, build trans, ect over winter.

otherwise i'm gonna run it and store money away for upgrades as needed. the vortech is not here til monday, so i hope this trade goes over smoothly.

well i didnt wanna jynx myself too early on.. but

i traded the turbo kit for a vortech SI trim kit. with FMS injectors/PMAS maf, ect. i just felt alot more comfortable with a blower setup for now.

working on rounding up gauges and such now. hope to get it installed pretty quickly and see if my shortblock takes it. should it not handle the 400rwhp i want, ill freshen it all up, custom cam, build trans, ect over winter.

otherwise i'm gonna run it and store money away for upgrades as needed. the vortech is not here til monday, so i hope this trade goes over smoothly.

smartest thing anyone on this forum has ever done

some updates..

blower arrives monday.

gonna ditch the mark 8 fan in favor of the dual contour setup for clearance. so i can eventually go to an 8-rib setup. going to get a fan on monday after work.

bought some stuff for crankcase evacuation setup. turbo coupe pcv valve, inline filter, breather. might eventually go to a remote breather setup as $$ allows.

got new cobalt boost/vac, electric fuel pressure and wideband gauges coming this week. hopefully have time to get gauges and fan done. thursday a couple awesome members from stangnet are coming for the install party. :nice:

i will owe them big time for any help they are willing to provide. car should be dyno'd a week or possibly just days after install. depends on cash and complication costs.

ill see if i can get some up tomorrow john.

gotta get the blower at work, then punches for the oil pan, then down to onalaska for the junkyard fan, then back to olympia for the return line fitting, then to ford for my pcv valve, then to lowes for my inline filter, then cutrate auto for my spark plugs. haha

not sure if i can even get it all done before the shops close :eek: on the plus side, i will get to drive the notch alot before i put it down.