Loosing power around 5K??

Pops Fun

10 Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi
Had some trouble at the tuners... may have lost my computer or there system had problems... but
The 3 runs on here are:
03 Green an old run from last year
13 the last god run before the problem at 16 or 18 degrees timing.
17 after communication problem and just before we quit.
dotted line nothing just what we thought should be happening

As you can see the power falls off around 5300 rpm,,, ideas ??

IMG.jpg

Close up of area
Dyno4-29-11.jpg

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Hi
Tightened all the blower hose connections.. ?? Found the MAF was cocked and only connected by a 1/4 of an inch on one side,,, could be a problem?? But only during max boost???? Probably came lose when I had the new BOV put on... :mad:.
Tightened the blower belt... no belt dust and I saw 15# of boost don't think it was slipping but who knows.

what intake, heads and cam do you have again?

Hi
i have a Cobra intake, TF heads and a Steeda 19 cam. None of which are high power makers..:), I have made up to 347 rwhp on the last build same parts with different compression.
I am thinking maybe belt slip might be the reason. The Flyn Hawaiian ... Kugan motorsports on the corral said I was detonating? Going to do a leak down tonight and then go from there.. Very frustrating... Seems like the more money and time I throw at it, the more it needs... Driving me nuts. Walnut,Pecans all of them!!

Steve

Even with forced induction, there is still a limit to how much air you can force through it. My bet is that the intake is holding you back. If you put on something like a SysteMax or RPM II, I bet your power will increase.

How much back pressure (aka boost) was it showing? As I'm sure you know, the better the engine flows (ie - the fewer restrictions), the harder it will be to get back pressure, and you will make more power with a lower number on the boost gauge.

Even with forced induction, there is still a limit to how much air you can force through it. My bet is that the intake is holding you back. If you put on something like a SysteMax or RPM II, I bet your power will increase.

How much back pressure (aka boost) was it showing? As I'm sure you know, the better the engine flows (ie - the fewer restrictions), the harder it will be to get back pressure, and you will make more power with a lower number on the boost gauge.
Hi
am sure you are right... could pick up some with a different intake, next years mod might be having it extrude honed..
Made 15 pounds of boost and I think the belt was slipping. :D Did a leak down last night and everything was fine, cylinders around 10-12%.. one #8 at 15%.
Did find this.. :( Don't know if it happen when I pulled them off or what. They got really hot..... notice the melted # ring..

20110502184137.jpg

New wires and plugs last night!!