Loss of power on acceleration.

Butters11

Jan 1, 2021
Louisiana
Hey, so I’ve got a 2004 40th edition 3.8 L automatic (I’m looking for a solid manual trans as we speak). It’s sat in my stepfathers pasture for three years. And I just bought it from him. So my problem is a HUGE loss of power when I accelerate. It just sputters and it sounds like it’s misfiring Only problem is no codes come up at all. I’ve replaced the fuel pump and filter, fuel injectors, spark plugs and wires, coil pack, the mass air flow sensor, and the throttle position sensor. I’ve also changed the oil with a new filter. I’ve got 2 grand in the car. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure the code reader and computer are communicating? OBD1 will give an all clear code and OBD2should also give a response.
Also, have you checked the fuel pressure? Replacing the pump and filter does not mean the regulator, line and new pump are OK.

Are you sure the code reader and computer are communicating? OBD1 will give an all clear code and OBD2should also give a response.
Also, have you checked the fuel pressure? Replacing the pump and filter does not mean the regulator, line and new pump are OK.
I’m using ODB2, I’ll have to check the fuel pressure. But I know the regulator is okay.

I’m using ODB2, I’ll have to check the fuel pressure. But I know the regulator is okay.
1. How do you know it is good? Did it talk to you with a Ouija board? :rlaugh:My adjustable FPR needs a gauge to tell me it’s health and setting.
2. Did your OBD2 code reader show that it was communicating and actually checked for codes? Or did it just show nothing. Those are very different problems.
3. Did you drain the tank, flush it and put new fuel in after 3 years? Without Stabil, most recently made gasoline gets nasty and runs poorly by six months. Who knows what the sock and fuel filter are like if it’s trying to run on what was in the tank.