Louvers for my 85 GT

NotTangler

Aug 21, 2022
Oregon
Hey all, Ive been looking everywhere for louvers for sale for my 85 fox. All I can seem to find is either really bulky ones (6-7 slat) or really thin ones (around 12 slat). I was really interested in a set of 9 slat louvers but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone help me with this?

• Sponsors (?)

I was unaware there are different slat numbers, aftermarket?
I see people with louvers they say are original and some are 12 slat and some are 9. But all the aftermarket ones I can find for sale have weird protruding bumps down the middle which looks ugly to me. I feel like there shouldn’t be varying slat sized louvers between different “original” louvers but there’s been varying sizes I’ve found.

Personally I’m not strict about everything being “original” but I love the look of the original ones and was wondering if there was a way to get some or some lookalikes

Our 86 has factory rear louvers.
Screenshot_20220914-093833_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
There was no factory louver option after model year 1983. And even model year 1983 that option was very, very rare.

I see the lower mounting points of those louvers on that 86 are not attached. Because they don't fit that car.

There was no factory louver option after model year 1983. And even model year 1983 that option was very, very rare.

I see the lower mounting points of those louvers on that 86 are not attached. Because they don't fit that car.
They're not attached because the screws are out...so we could clean the back glass and paint the louvers. It's supposed to have a round type knob screw but the PO broke or lost them. This is a 2 owner car. Heather being the 2nd owner. All original from ford. The louvers are from the dealer in 1986 and they do fit.

From the dealer. Not from the factory. The factory didn't offer them after 1984. Because the real factory louvers don't fit later cars with the spoiler that comes closer to the lower corners of the glass and trim. You want louvers on an 84.5 and later you need aftermarket.