Love My Mustang Just Wish It Was Not A Convertable

USCGunner

Jun 10, 2017
Idaho
I see now that I have a gap along the quarter window and the front window. Don't know why it was fine before. I guess it is time to try and adjust windows. I ordered new weather stripping today. Any one know how hard it is to adj the windows?

• Sponsors (?)

Take a look at LMR's quarter window resto kit and video showing the process. It replaces some of the bushings and what not. If you're going to be in there, you might as well make sure you don't have to go in again. Besides, that might be the cause of the problem in the first place. Also, if you have a factory shop manual, there are detailed procedures for the adjustments depending on your specific problem

Convertible GT mustangs are my favorite body style. I've owned tons of them and LXs, too.

The bushing do go bad over time.

Can you post a picture of the gap ?

When I bought the '94 GT in May, I had proposed to look at several convertibles. My wife put her foot down; no convertible. Sooo.........

imp

Hi guys, I got 95 GT1 coupe.....no convertable. I have to pull up on my drivers window as I push the window switch to the up position to get the window to close. I hear the motor but it won't lift the window. I have a new window motor but the Haynes manual said if the secter gear isnt locked into place with the backing plate (by putting a bolt and nut thru them and screwing them together) and the motor or counter balance is removed it can cause serious damage. I don't want to break the window or break my fingers replacing the motor. The manual don't show or explain where the sector gear or backing plate are. Does anyone know where I can find an exploded view of the inside of the driver door labeling said parts? A picture that labels them, hell I'll even be happy with a crayon drawing from a 5th grader if it'll label the parts clearly! Lol Thanks

If you don't put something to hold the window mechanism you could....loose a finger. See...the mechanism is spring loaded ( note spiral spring ). I haven't done one in a while bit I used to stick a screw driver through a hole in the door and into one of the holes at the " x " to lock the arms from moving. That way the serrated teeth and sharp edges on that thing didn't try to chop my fingers off. @akaNYr
Screenshot_2017-09-26-20-24-45.png

The motor is holding the tension on that assembly. In the full up position " I think " it has the least tension on it and the motor can be removed.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't put something to hold the window mechanism you could....loose a finger. See...the mechanism is spring loaded ( note spiral spring ). I haven't done one in a while bit I used to stick a screw driver through a hole in the door and into one of the holes at the " x " to lock the arms from moving. That way the serrated teeth and sharp edges on that thing didn't try to chop my fingers off. @akaNYr
Screenshot_2017-09-26-20-24-45.png

The motor is holding the tension on that assembly. In the full up position " I think " it has the least tension on it and the motor can be removed.

Thank for the fast reply, did you notice the time stamp on our posts? It says you replied about 25 minutes before I posted my question. LOL
I have rivets holding my motor and regulator in place, do I just drill them out? What size nut and bolt do I replace the rivets with?
Last question.....there's a green flashing dot in the upper left corner of my profile picture. Do you know why it's there? ☺

Thank for the fast reply, did you notice the time stamp on our posts? It says you replied about 25 minutes before I posted my question. LOL
I have rivets holding my motor and regulator in place, do I just drill them out? What size nut and bolt do I replace the rivets with?
Last question.....there's a green flashing dot in the upper left corner of my profile picture. Do you know why it's there? ☺
Can't tell you about convertibles, but that green flashing dot just means you're online with us.

Do you know what 5 sets of 5 beeps is a warning for? Every so often I will hear them as I'm driving but all gauges are in normal zone.
Not me. In the morning when the guys wake up you'll get some help. I'm knee deep in an engine swap, so nothing running to be of any help. Sorry.

Let me ping Joe, he's our mechanical magician, he'll help you out tomorrow (or later today) @jrichker ?