low coolant temp sensor

amplifier28

Apr 16, 2005
does anybody know where i can buy a new low coolant temp sensor for my 94 mustang gt? i went to my local ford dealer and was told that they have been discontinued. where may i find a new one?

• Sponsors (?)

If you're referring to the sensor that triggers the low coolant light then I would say to not even worry about getting a new one. It doesn't ready accurately anyways. My car had essentially ZERO coolant in the system and the light turned off after I filled the reservoir to the "full" line. Little did I know that the radiator was practically empty. I now rely on the amount of coolant in the radiator itself by taking the cap off to figure out when to put more coolant in.

does anybody know where i can buy a new low coolant temp sensor for my 94 mustang gt? i went to my local ford dealer and was told that they have been discontinued. where may i find a new one?

Auto zone has them under a $100.00. I asked at the end of summer when mine went out...I cleaned it and it would come back on in minutes...I have to get it before spring......

Oops, might be in trouble...I called AZ, they have a part number but it show the vendor....Duralast is out of stock......

The guy I talked to owns a couple of foxes and told me to try Holcomb Motorsports out of NC, or Classic restoration.......just a fyi....

I will see if I can get in touch and let you know as I need one as well :shrug: