• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum

Lowering Cobra

  • Thread starter Thread starter WorldsApart
  • Start date Start date Jul 14, 2004
W

WorldsApart

New Member
Jul 13, 2004
1
0
0
Jul 14, 2004
#1
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #1
Just wanted ask everyon what type of springs i should go with and why. I own a 99 Roush Cobra and it's sittin way to high. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'll try to get some pics taken asap.

Thanks
 

PDubs

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2002
1,138
0
36
Always farging hot in Texas
Jul 14, 2004
#2
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #2
Depends on how low you want to go. I have Eibachs on mine, H&Rs will go lower.
 
G

gemex

New Member
Sep 10, 2003
176
0
0
Sacramento
Jul 14, 2004
#3
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #3
I always prefer the handling that Steeda offers.
I know from experience some of the Roush cars have problems with rubbing when lowered.
 
M

mustangrmyk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
96
0
6
So. Cal.
Jul 14, 2004
#4
  • Jul 14, 2004
  • #4
Eibach Pro Series on my '01 coupe. It came down about 1 1/2". Not slammed by any means but looks good. Ground clearance is OK for 90% of the speed bumps. Handles great. No tire rubbing problems at all.
 
C

chuckystang

New Member
Jul 12, 2004
217
0
0
Jul 15, 2004
#5
  • Jul 15, 2004
  • #5
I have Hypercoil springs in my 99 cobra, and they are unbelievable. I belive you can now get them from steeda, they are not sold as a kit, you must buy them individually, but they are willing to help you select the best rate for you. My car sits very low in the rear for that nice squated down look, with the front lowered about 1.5 inches at the most. I forget the rates I chose since it was a long time ago and the markings wore off. But these springs give you a way better ride than Eibach! I have had Eibach and I liked the way they performed but they just were awful when the road wasn't perfectly flat. I feel that the best springs you can buy are either Hypercoil, Steeda, or Kenny Brown.
 

The Factor

New Member
Jul 12, 2003
1,485
0
0
beaverton,oregon
Jul 15, 2004
#6
  • Jul 15, 2004
  • #6
H@R....springs I hear are the ticket
 
M

mcnaz

New Member
May 20, 2004
44
0
0
San Diego, CA
Jul 15, 2004
#7
  • Jul 15, 2004
  • #7
I switched from H&R's to Eibach Pro-Kit on my '01. About 1/2" difference IMO (wish I took pictures - sorry). I had serious clearance problems with speedbumps etc. with the H&R's and the ride was a bit jittery for my taste. Pro-Kit offers a nice compromise between handling and ride quality.
 
I

icemanp7

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
136
0
0
austin
Jul 15, 2004
#8
  • Jul 15, 2004
  • #8
i bought some Kenny brown springs and they lowered my car about as much as needed, lower than steeda's ever did, they are pretty expensive but where worth the cost in my opinion.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 1999 cobra removed lower intake manifold to crossovertube
  • hvcobra99
  • Sep 6, 2026
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
0
Views
111
SVT Tech Forum Sep 6, 2026
hvcobra99
F
Engine 1988 Foxbody idle issues
  • fernandosgarage55
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
849
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
AeroCoupe
C
03 Cobra Low Fuel Pressure
  • CTsnake_03
  • Mar 17, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
341
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 24, 2026
CTsnake_03
C
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
604
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
H
New here and thanks
  • HoosierD420
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
100
The Welcome Wagon Aug 30, 2026
HoosierD420
H
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?