Lowering Kit

I was poking around online for a lowering kit. I came across this kit on ford racing.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8686

My father gets a discount on ford parts b/c of his body shop. Is this worth the $ or is there an aftermarket brand that is better?

Also - If I install lowering springs does anything else have to be changed out in order to do so? Shortened shocks, struts or anything to with the steering rack?

Lastly - are they difficult to install?

Thanks!
Nick
 
Check the part number, it should be the same kit they put on the shelgy GT and the new Bullitt.

Also for spring info:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=724398

You will need to do an alignment. In order to do an alignment you will need to have some way of adjusting the camber, which you don't have now. You can buy camber bolts or you can buy an upper strut plate which has camber adjustment.

Don't forget these costs. If you don't align it you will need new tires shortly.

Jack
 
I have these springs... I didn't use Camber bolts, cause I've had **** for luck using these on Ford products. So, I just slotted the upper strut bolt hole where it mounts to the spindle, and can pull my camber where I need it and tighten it down. I also had to slot the strut tower to get the caster back in specs. I love the Ford Springs... it gives a great look without killing ride quality. I've had many compliments on how well it rides for being a lowered Mustang. Here's a pic:


DSC01227.webp


DSC01233.webp


DSC01234.webp


Nick
 

Attachments

  • DSC01227.webp
    DSC01227.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01233.webp
    DSC01233.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC01234.webp
    DSC01234.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 129