LT's installed now funny idle

well after a good amount of hours installing the my bbk lt's and vrs x-pipe to go with my 2 chamber flowmaster muffles (which sound great i may add) my car now idles funny it used to idle a little under 1000rpm's but now it idles at about 500rpm's and sounds like its strugling to stay on ... the car also just dies at idle most of the time also

another thing that suprised me is even after installing my o/r x pipe and lt's i have no check engine light on but the catch is i never installed mil eliminators is this a good or bad thing lol? other than that the car sounds great havent had a chance to test it yet due to my brake pistons siezing so until i get them back no front wheels but enough said there

• Sponsors (?)

Did you unhook your battery at all? How many miles have you driven with your new set up? Id get some mils. Your car might also be running really rich and need a tune. You also dont have that much backpressure. Unhook the battery for like 15 min, get some mils, make sure you dont have any leaks, and after a coupld days of driving if you still have problems then get a tune. :nice:

03trubluGT said:
Check and double check for leaks, and anything you might not have connected back up.

I'm one of the lucky ones, every mod I've done has gone without a hitch.

Matt

Damn you are lucky, I installed my plenum and 75mm t/b along with a 85 mm MAF that I already had on the car and got an engine light for running lean, so I took off the MAF and Im still running lean. Im getting some LT's next week so Im hoping they will rich up my a/f ratio a bit.

let the car try to adjust itself. my stang didn't take a while to adjust, and now it runs great. Make sure you bought the O2 Sensor Extensions for the front sensors. You can get them at Dallasmustang.com.