MAC Cold Air Intake Question

RADA

Jun 1, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Sup Guys!

My car came with the MAC CAI already installed, I don't have any of the instructions for it. I tried to go to the Instructional PDF on the MAC site, but the link is hosed. :nonono:

So my NOOB questions are; "What's the best/easiest way to take the filter out, what do I use to clean it, and do you use oil on them like a K&N? :shrug:

Thanks,

RADA

• Sponsors (?)

if you leave the car on the ground is't kind of hard but not impossible...that's the way i put mine in. To get it out you need a flat screw driver or a driver to unscew the...sorry don't know this one in english...it's a ring with a scew, like the other one that old the silicone joint. The hard part is that you can only get one hand at the time in the fender...unless you get the inner fender out. And yes it doesn't to fit in there a had to crush mine a bit to get it in.

For the cleaning i'm not exactly sure but i think it's exactly the same as k&N but make sure you don't put to much oil i have heard about some maf contamination due to too much oil in the filter.

RADA said:
Sup Guys!

My car came with the MAC CAI already installed, I don't have any of the instructions for it. I tried to go to the Instructional PDF on the MAC site, but the link is hosed. :nonono:

So my NOOB questions are; "What's the best/easiest way to take the filter out, what do I use to clean it, and do you use oil on them like a K&N? :shrug:

Thanks,

RADA

I have the BBK set-up, but it's the same thing.

First: You need to take the 2 screws out of the bottom that hold the heat shield in place. This is the metal piece that seperates the engine from the fender.

Second: Loosen the 8mm bolt on the hose clamp that secures the filter in place. You can then slide it off and let it fall down into the fender.

Third: Plop your butt down on the ground in front of you tire and reach under the car and grab the filter out. You put your hand up under the bumper to get it. You can see the opening from above the car.

To put it back, is revers of what you did to remove it except you may need someone to grab the filter from up top while you hand it to them. I was able to put in on myself though.

There is a kit that is made to clean the filter that costs about 12 bucks. Most auto part stores carry it since alot of ricers use the filters.

Hope this helps.