MAC Longtube install pics...does this look correct???

Dr. Wu 2000

Feb 16, 2004
Eastern, Pa.
Installed MAC LT's this weekend after the install I find that the headers are not hanging down at the same level.... I took a couple pics to show you guys what it looks like. I automatically thought there is no way the midpipe will bolt up to the header on the passanger side but we got under there and it seems it will just make it with some tweaking. Just seems that the they should be close to the same down where the collector bolts to the midpipe. Take a look and tell me what you guys think.:shrug:

View attachment 423494

View attachment 423496

• Sponsors (?)

looks to me like the pass side is for a 302 and the drivers side is for a 351 thats weird ! my bbk longtubes look pretty strait across, what h or x pipe you using hopefully a mac also ! does the h or x pipe look twisted whe nyou go to bolt it up !

Headers are brand new out of the box....heads are TF Twisted Wedge.... the midpipe we THINK will bolt up, it is also MAC and we lined it up and it seems it will fit but it will be a bitch. It just doesn't look like it should hang that different from the other.... also noticed that the clutch cable is laying right on the driver side header, that should be fun too. I am seriously considering pulling them off and re-installing the BBK equal lengths.:rolleyes:

Thats weird? My macs line up perfect?

cannons1.jpg

peace

john:p

Attachments

• cannons1.jpg
    cannons1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 108
They are coming off fella's.:( I am reinstalling the BBK equal lengths and contacting MAC about problem. I was a little leary of putting LT's on anyway because of the clutch cable issue and also the starter heat soak problem that can occur....maybe this is someone's way of telling me don't do it or you will have problems down the road with other stuff. I have to think I am leaving some power on the table without the LT's but not dealing with all the other issues may be worth it. We will see. I will let you all know what MAC says about the fittment issue.....:rolleyes: Thanx for all your responses.

Sorry to hear that...I KNOW all to well what a pain the install can be (just did a remove/reinstall for coating purposes with my MAC LT's). I hope everything works out, keep us posted on Macs response.