MAC or BBK TB for Edelbrock Performer RPM?

I am going to install an Edelbrock Performer RPM and a C&L 76mm MAF. Which 70mm TB should I go with? BBK or MAC? Is Accufab that much better? If so, where is the cheapest place to get one? My mods are in sig. Lastly, what kind of RWHP gain can I expect after adding the intake, MAF, and TB?

Thanks for the replies-
Ted

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies. The only reason I want to put on the RPM is because I will be adding an AFM camshaft with AFR 165s or TFTWs to a built shortblock if and when my 230K+ mile longblock takes a dive. How badly will my performance on the stock longblock suffer? Loss of low end or all across the board?

Probably going to feel pretty weak below 3500 rpms, the stock heads/cam are done normally by 5200 while that intake wants to go to 6500 were it like to be. It's smart to buy parts for the long term build so you avoid doint it twice, the good thing is you can always buy just the performer upper then resale it when the motors ready for the RPM upper.

Instead of the RPM, would a Performer intake match well with an AFM N-61 camshaft/AFR 165 or TFTW combo? Further down the road an S-Trim may be added. With this combo, will the 3:73s be too much, or should I go back to 3:55s or 3:27s? I do 400+ miles/week of highway driving.

Thanks-
Ted

I had a MAC 70mm TB/Spacer on my Typhoon(Eddy RPM knock-off) with lightly ported E7s. I can't tell you how much HP i picked up with the TB because I added the heads and intake at the same time. But my combo put down 251 hp and 289 tq. Never had a problem with the TB. The TB and intake are still on my car now with some TW heads.