mac prochamber install

steveb24

Nov 28, 2005
wilmington, DE
i just ordered it on monday..so i should have it by saturday..because it has been shipped! is this something i can put on myself with a friend? we had access to air tools i believe, if not, some good hand tools. what do you think about putting on the o/r prochamber and taking off the stock h midpipe? i have 60,700 miles on the car too..if that helps. thanks

Go to Autozone and get a can of PB Blaster. Spray all the bolts the day before. And spray them again before you try to stat loosening them. Make sure you have a good 12-18" of extensions and a "swivel" or "u-joint" socket. A medium or deep socket will be needed. Remember to D/C the battery first. And make sure you put O2's in the right place... ie: front stay in front laft stay on left, etc. And you may want a "persuader" handy since its sometimes hard to kick things under there.

I had about 67,000 miles on mine when I swapped in O/R H and I didnt need air tools. 3/8 ratchet worked fine. Also I got that PB blaster everywhere and was kinda nasty smoking as it burned off the exhaust.

perfect advise!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

trailblazr81 said:
A medium or deep socket will be needed. Remember to D/C the battery first.

I found that the medium worked best on mine. The deep well would not go on completely straight, so it wanted to round off the nut. The medium worked perfectly, 15mm I believe.

Yes perfect advise. Doesnt mention it in his post (i dont believe) the deep well you need is 15mm

+1 on the medium socket.

- Tighten the Prochamber to the headers bolts. Leave the others loose. Use a jack to lift up the chamber part. At least level it out. Then tighten the remaining bolts.

- It will sound airy at first. Like you have an air leak. Drive it for a couple of days to get a few heat/cold cycles. Then, recheck your connections and if they look good, and you know you don't have leaks, don't pay attention to the airy sound. It goes away eventually.

- You'll see smoke out the tips whenever you shut off the engine. Sometimes it will come from just one of the tips. That will go away eventually too.