MAC SS Axle Back Exhaust Photos

steedastang06

European Forum Founding Member
Feb 25, 2002
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Well gents i got my MAC Exhaust today and thought i would post some pre install photos for you guys who are undecided on what axle back exhaust to buy.. ill post more next week when i pick up the car and get them installed..:flag:

MACExhaust1.jpg

MACExhaust2.jpg

MACExhaust3.jpg

BTW I got these from www.mustangwarehouse.com for a really great price and they have outstanding customer service!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey SteedaStang06,

Did you need a tune just for adding the MAC axle backs? I know you need a tune for CAI, U/D pulleys and gears, but what about axle backs?
I only plan to do MAC axle backs right now, and I have stock 2006 Mustang GT.

You have the same setup that I just finished installing today. I love the MACs, but when coupled with a catless x pipe, they sound like a rattling tin can in the higher rpms, but down low, THEY SOUND WICKED.

I swapped the x pipe today with a Pypes h pipe, and it is nowhere near as loud as the x pipe, much much deeper, but I am still deciding if I like it.......

dreem363 said:
Hey SteedaStang06,

Did you need a tune just for adding the MAC axle backs? I know you need a tune for CAI, U/D pulleys and gears, but what about axle backs?
I only plan to do MAC axle backs right now, and I have stock 2006 Mustang GT.

You dont need a tune just for the Axle Back because it doesnt increase the HP by that 5% zone that requires a tune...

i thought that looked so awful and was a big deciding factor not to get the flowmasters... another guy who works on this base has the flowmaster axelback and it looks like the tips come out of nowhere.. and besides the mac axle back tucks in nicely behind the bumper so unless you are at eyelevel with the car you can barely see them, and even if they are seen they have a mirror shine to them so they still dont look bad..