Mach 1 Eaton Swap

That is sick!!!Awesome job Bill !!Another project of yours i will need to follow!!LOL!
I use to follow your other project,your '99 GT!Helped me decided on cam company,and your tech article on the Bullitt intake swap was useful too.You were a very usefull "bible" like individual for the 2V crowd on Mod Depot.You were the very few that did it,and pushed it.
Interesting to see where you go with the blown 4V.
Good luck.

what kind of oil pressure issues did you have? obviously it was low. but how low was it?

After the car got to full temp I came to a light and the stock gauge dropped to L then came right back. I disregarded it for a fluke and took it to the track. I made two passes and on my way home came to a light and after 30 seconds of idling it dropped to L and stayed there till I gave it some gas.

Tonight I drained the oil, installed an auto meter gauge and refilled with 10w40 (was using 5w20) and pressure gets down to 12psi at idle at full temp, stock gauge shows normal, at WOT it goes to 75psi+.

So it's driveable so I can hit up the local car show/hang out but I'm not going to push it hard since I really don't want to trash the heads/cams. The new shortblock was underway regardless. This just puts more urgency on wanting to get it done.

Bill

Glad to hear someone got some use of those articles. I nearly built another NA 2V but I couldn't pass up the deal on this car at the time. I bought it thinking I wouldn't do much to it but that didn't last long.

Bill