Mach 1 Grill Delete question

I am trying to find a 3 piece grill delete kit that actually has the 4 tabs on the bottom of the front filler panel that uses the self cutting speed nuts on the bottom side of the bumper to install. I don't want the ones with the flaps that break off and require 3m tape to install. Does anyone know where I can buy a kit with this type of install other than the dealership?

Thanks,
Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Well I found and ordered the one I was looking for....found it at blueovalindustries for only 89.95 with free shipping. Includes all 3 pieces plus speed nuts, plus pony mounting screws. Can't wait to get it and install it! Have heard some bad things about this company, so was a little leary of ordering from them, but hopefully it will all be ok...anyone had any past experience with them?

Thanks,

Dan

Well I found and ordered the one I was looking for....found it at blueovalindustries for only 89.95 with free shipping. Includes all 3 pieces plus speed nuts, plus pony mounting screws. Can't wait to get it and install it! Have heard some bad things about this company, so was a little leary of ordering from them, but hopefully it will all be ok...anyone had any past experience with them?

Thanks,

Dan

That was dumb. Why buy something from a company you hear bad things about and then ask what other people think about the company?

Hope you used Paypal or a credit card. I'm currently going back and forth with a company over a set of HID's

Well first of all...they were the only place that I found that had the exact grill delete kit that I wanted...every where else have the cheap ones with the flaps that break off....secondly they had a lot better price than anyone else for a 3 piece kit as well. I did do research on this site and read where a lot of people on here had good experiences with them...just the posts were about a year old and was curious as of lately? I ordered the part yesterday, they shipped it about 2 hours after I ordered it and it will be at my home tomorrow...and that was ground shipping...so after ordering, processing and delivery within 2 days...I'd say that's pretty good customer service. I don't always believe what I read on the net as you've shown above because most cases are a single incident where someone blows out of proportion and causes a lot of grief for a company....that's merely why I asked a question on the forum....secondly calling someone dumb on a public forum shows their lack of intelligence as well. I will give an update as to when I recieve the kit as to the quality and condition of the package...so then others might be able to order this kit from this particular vendor and get great customer service and save some money!

Dan

Good to know and you've updated your website since the other day when I ordered. I noticed it stated that you had all the hardware included but in the pic it didn't show the speed nuts so I assumed (incorrectly) that it was the other style. Glad you added the line at the bottom explaining which panel you sell in the kit. Would have ordered from you if it would have been worded better before.

Thanks,
Dan

Mines got no tabs or tape, only 2 screws/bolts washers at the top.
Picture883.jpg

secondly calling someone dumb on a public forum shows their lack of intelligence as well.

Dan, I agree with ya there 100%. There is no reason for that crap. Surely that guy wouldn't have called you dumb to your face. It sounds as if that poster has some of his own personal experience that we could consider less than informed.

So many people think it is OK to say whatever the hell they want and then run and hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Pussies.

It's quite similar to the George Carlin A$$hole Theory - ""The amount of an a$$hole a person is is directly proportional to the distance they are away from you at the time you discover this fault. Someone on TV is REALLY AN A$$HOLE! Someone in the car next to you is Pretty Much of an A$$hole. A guy standing next to you on line: <whispers> 'this guy's a real a$$hole here'" :lol:

It sounds as if you are having a good experience with Blue Oval - and that's great. As much as we like to share the horror stories, it's also very nice to hear the good ones too.

If you would have asked me prior to your purchase I would have pointed you toward LRS. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Their merchandise, customer service, shipping time and shipping charges, return handling - everything - is top notch.

Best of Luck and enjoy that Stang!

Thank you 2gts4us...I do appreciate what was said. Streethorse, what holds it down so nicely at the bumper if there isn't anything on the bottom? It does look real nice...I just have some buddies locally who told me that they had problems installing the ones with the flaps on the bottom cause they broke one of em off trying to get it slid under the bumper cover. They were already kinda discolored when they got it. I just wanted something that I could fasten with actual fasteners to secure it to the car is all. I also just don't like the thought of using double sided tape...makes it seem as if it needs a bandaid because of a design flaw. Only thing I am probably going to regret is trying to put those 4 nuts back on the bottom side of the studs that stick down thru the bumper cover. Thanks again guys! Also 2gts4us, does LRS have any discounts for stangnet members on their products? Reason I ask is because I am also thinking about buying the factory ford chin spoiler as well and their price is about 30 bucks higher than BOI's price, but willing to give them some business if they do.

Dan

Well got the package from BOI yesterday and everything was absoluety perfect. The box actually was drop shipped directly from a ford dealership to BOI, they added the hardware and instructions, sealed it up and sent it on to me. All the parts have factory ford stickers on them showing that they are in fact genuine ford parts. Once the package arrived, BOI even emailed me to confirm that I had gotten the package as well. I would definately recommend these guys to anyone. Great customer service and the best prices online period.

Dan

Dan, I agree with ya there 100%. There is no reason for that crap. Surely that guy wouldn't have called you dumb to your face. It sounds as if that poster has some of his own personal experience that we could consider less than informed.

So many people think it is OK to say whatever the hell they want and then run and hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Pussies.

It's quite similar to the George Carlin A$$hole Theory - ""The amount of an a$$hole a person is is directly proportional to the distance they are away from you at the time you discover this fault. Someone on TV is REALLY AN A$$HOLE! Someone in the car next to you is Pretty Much of an A$$hole. A guy standing next to you on line: <whispers> 'this guy's a real a$$hole here'" :lol:

Wow guys. If someone telling you that you made a stupid decision got you upset, you need to get off the internet. I in no way was e-thuggin. :shrug:

Just pointing out that after hearing many bad things about a company and then still buying something from them is not a good idea. Some (including me) would call it a "dumb" idea. :rlaugh:

Sounds like you were and exception to the majority of the interwebs. Please post a comment after you have installed it and let me know how it turned out.

Thank you 2gts4us...I do appreciate what was said. Streethorse, what holds it down so nicely at the bumper if there isn't anything on the bottom? It does look real nice...I just have some buddies locally who told me that they had problems installing the ones with the flaps on the bottom cause they broke one of em off trying to get it slid under the bumper cover. They were already kinda discolored when they got it. I just wanted something that I could fasten with actual fasteners to secure it to the car is all. I also just don't like the thought of using double sided tape...makes it seem as if it needs a bandaid because of a design flaw. Only thing I am probably going to regret is trying to put those 4 nuts back on the bottom side of the studs that stick down thru the bumper cover. Thanks again guys! Also 2gts4us, does LRS have any discounts for stangnet members on their products? Reason I ask is because I am also thinking about buying the factory ford chin spoiler as well and their price is about 30 bucks higher than BOI's price, but willing to give them some business if they do.

Dan
The way I got it to stay tight to the bumper cover was I used my own
nuts, bolts and washers on the top hole on each side. I took both headlights
out so I could drill out the holes a little bit inward. Then tighten down on
the bolts in the slightly more inward position which pushes it down tighter.