mach 1 grille delete installation

silver04GTstang

Jan 16, 2007
i just bought a used mach 1 grille delete and was wondering the best way to install. and also was wondering if it would look better without the pony emblem. i seen a sn95 with no emblem and it looked good. your guys' thoughts on these things will be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Leave the pony. Everytime i see a Mustang with the pony removed i think somebody stole it.

The Mustang has had a pony in the grill since 1964...why change it?

says the 5.0 moderator........

NickOutside.jpg

i only made the observation that you said every mustang since 1965 had a pony in the grill, and from 79-92 no mustang had a pony in the grille. :doh: ;)

I know. What i really meant to say is that part of the "usual" mustang look is to have a pony in the grill.

I've tried the ponyless look on my own and wasn't a fan. It looks like a huge gaping hole and in the daytime you can see the mount where the pony should be so it clearly looks like something is missing. That's why i say it makes me think the pony has been stolen.

When i look at that red Mach 1, my first thought it "who stole the damn pony from the grill!"

all joking aside, put the pony in the grille, looks like something is missing without it.

i didnt have to pull the bumper or the lights, and it took me 30-35 minutes cause it was raining and cold and i couldnt feel what my fingers were doing at the time.

i would say 20 min tops if it is warm where you are.

oh and streethorse, i dont know what kit you used, but my kit came will all the hardware, any of the hardware that was not included in the kit was re-used from my car.

all joking aside, put the pony in the grille, looks like something is missing without it.

i didnt have to pull the bumper or the lights, and it took me 30-35 minutes cause it was raining and cold and i couldnt feel what my fingers were doing at the time.

i would say 20 min tops if it is warm where you are.

oh and streethorse, i dont know what kit you used, but my kit came will all the hardware, any of the hardware that was not included in the kit was re-used from my car.
Yeah I ended up using new hardware.... I took the grill delete off of my 99
after it was totaled in a front end crash, it survived the crash with no damage.:D

I don't know why everyone is saying to remove so much stuff off to install the kit. I bought one last year and installed it, all I had to remove was the plastic piece that runs over the top of the radiator. The kit came with double-sided tape and a couple of screws for the pony. The tape is what holds everything on minus the pony. As for the pony I say keep it.