Mach 460 system question

00stang3.8

Jul 31, 2019
NC
Hi everyone.i just upgraded my headunit in my 2000 mustang v6 with a mach 460 system in it but I'm not getting good sound. I can hear music but even when I have it maxed out it sounds as tho i only have it on a low to med volume. I've checked my wiring, fuses and speakers and all of it checks out. Anyone know what might else I should check? Thanks ahead of time with anyone who has an idea of what is going on.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you use an adapter for the 460 setup, or splice wires? Could be a signal level issue, given that the outputs from the head unit are pre-amp. I do know the system can handle an aftermarket unit, as mine was setup like this when I got it (before I blew a speaker and scrapped the whole Mach 460 system), but I definitely did have an adapter inline at the head unit.

Can you tell if sound is coming from both the woofer (door speaker) and the tweeter (sail panel speaker)? Could be that you're missing an amp remote signal (there are 3 amps in the Mach 460 setup).

Yea I checked all the speaker all of them have sound just not loud at all I almost positive one of the back amps are blown but I'm not sure if that contributes to the volume of the sound or not I havent checked the front amp tho

If one of the back amps is blown that could definitely contribute. They power the woofers, and if I recall correctly, they're in a series, so it's essentially like the woofers are only getting half the normal amplification.

I'd love to see a diagram showing how to wire a 460 system so that everything plays like it should with an aftermarket head unit. I have the same issue as the OP and made sure to buy the correct plug for the 460 system.

the system sucks, period. See my recent post on what a nightmare I had trying to get it to work. I ended up running some 18/4 wire to the rear from the rear leads of the aftermarket deck and used the factory front TWEETER wires wired to the headunit to power the front 6x8 speakers. I replaced all the speakers with aftermarket for under $60 shipped from Amazon. JVC rears and MB Quart fronts.

Thanks for the tips. My stepson bought an 02 Mustang that was missing a radio. I got him one and thought " this thing is gonna rock " when I saw all the amps and stuff in it, but it doesn't.

You're welcome, Crutchfield has helped me on this and others. They have great technical support and prices. I am pretty sure it would sound better with all new wiring, amps and speakers but not enough better for the expense and work IMHO. If the system was in my house and not the noisy Mustang I might feel different, but hey I like listening to the new mufflers almost as much.

Ok so I finally got my amps and needless to.say they done nothing they helped some but not alot is there a certain wiring harness that I would need? I've checked my wires n all n nothing is wrong there just don't know how to fix it at this point!!

Ok so I finally got my amps and needless to.say they done nothing they helped some but not alot is there a certain wiring harness that I would need? I've checked my wires n all n nothing is wrong there just don't know how to fix it at this point!!

Yes there is a adapter harness, as I stated Crutchfield has technicians that can get you fixed up. They helped with the harness and the correct head unit(which was $2-$3 more than Amazon, just a Sony cheapie with adjustable equalizers), ditto with a ZX2 & Focus & Cobra.

Attachments

• 20161122_173158 - Copy.jpg
    20161122_173158 - Copy.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 122