MAF question...

• Sponsors (?)

ehh, im not here too often, usually when I have a problem and need some help. currently trying to figure out a loss of power, bogging, above 3k. ive replaced all fuel components and ignition components. last resort is the MAF. ordering one this week, hopefully solves my problem.

ehh, im not here too often, usually when I have a problem and need some help. currently trying to figure out a loss of power, bogging, above 3k. ive replaced all fuel components and ignition components. last resort is the MAF. ordering one this week, hopefully solves my problem.
Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

High speed miss on a warm engine
Revised 7 Nov-2016 to add PIP sensor as possible problem and dumping the codes to help determine if it is the TFI or PIP.

The TFI module mounted on the distributor is one of the culprits for a high speed miss on a warm engine. The other suspect is the PIP sensor inside the distributor. If the problem does not occur when the engine is cold, the TFI module or PIP is definitely suspect. Dumping the codes may help determine which one it is. You may need a special socket to remove the TFI module, but most auto parts stores will have one for $5-$7.

It is not uncommon that the replacement parts may be defective; TFI modules made by non Ford manufactures seem to have a high failure rate.

Be sure to use plenty of the heat sink grease on the new TFI and clean the old grease off the distributor.
396_large.jpg

See Automotive Tools Specialty | Auto Mechanic & Technician Diagnostic, Testing Equipment | Thexton

tfi-module-troubleshooting-gif.586550

diagram courtesy of Tmoss & Stang&2Birds
TFI_5.0_comparison.gif