MAF vs SD

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
Looking for more info on using a MAF. I still have mine and have not really had much luck with info since it seems no one uses a MAF?

What are the pro's and con's of running the maf? Where to you get the calibration curves and info for setting up?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so this is a better discussion for the digital tuning forum then..

When tuning MS in MAF mode the MAF transfer curve has to be scaled properly first before tuning begins.
You then have two choices for tuning via MAF function, you can tweak the transfer curve at each plot point [requires a very large complex equation that I do have] or you can simply enable a trim table. This table starts out as all 100's and you can manually tune it or even let the auto tune feature do this for you [this is the way I suggest]

Now as for IGN mapping... the MAF and SD tables for IGN are very different and the load values will not fall into the same cell range. My suggestion is to set the tune up so you begin fuel on maf and ign on sd once you have a decent fuel map you can then drive the car and use datalogs to build a maf based ign table.

I actually tuned my M112 build with maf just so I could figure out the best methodology for doing this.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you or the reply

I thought i had read that in SD auto tune will only adjust fuel ve and nothing on the ignition tables but running a MAF would allow auto tune to adjust ignition tables so once tuned correctly you get the benefit of both fuel and ignition tables auto tuned?

No, there is no way to autotune the ign table. To my knowledge their is no system that can do this.
What I was reffering to is beginning the tune as a hybrid maf/sd using a known good sd ign table and then using a datalogging software like Megalogviewerhd to build the maf ign table later.

Reactions: 1 user