Magnaflow Catted X pipe ground clearance

meajas12

May 25, 2003
I'd like to ask people with the magnaflow catted x pipe if they have any ground clearance issues on a lowered car. I have the eibach sportlines and the SLP pipe I put on hits everything. I'm planning on switching over to the magnaflow pipe. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

meajas12 said:
I'd like to ask people with the magnaflow catted x pipe if they have any ground clearance issues on a lowered car. I have the eibach sportlines and the SLP pipe I put on hits everything. I'm planning on switching over to the magnaflow pipe. What do you think?

i posted a thread about this a week ago. i was trying to decide between the magnaflow, slp, or bassani cat'd x. i wanted to know which had the most clearance. i really haven't been able to get any clear answer on which provides the most.

you could always buy the 'race pipes' for $60 to get rid of the cats (thats whats hitting, right?). you'd also have to get a pair of mils for $60... but it'd be a lot cheaper than another $400 x-pipe...

I have been researching X pipes for the past month and a half. Narrowed it down to the Bassani and Magnaflow. I couldn't decide so I did a poll. Besides the emissions aspect, the Bassani hangs really low. So far everyone I have heard from says the Magnaflow w/cats is up the highest.

I would like to keep cats on the car. my options would be to cut the sections of pipe before the cats and reweld them with a section of the pipe cut out. This way the cats would tuck up better. Option 2 would be buy aftermarket cats that are oval instead of round and would that would give me enough clearance. I don't really want to buy new cats and I don't feel like messing around with cutting the pipes and rewelding them. So this leaves me with buying a different brand x pipe. Magnaflow being my choice if knowone has had problems with clearance issues.

meajas12 said:
i bottom out the cats on some speed bumps and i only have bullitt suspension