Magnaflow Competition Cat-back

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I got the $ ready for it and am waiting for a call from MRaburn to purchase! I know they are quality and I am hoping they will be loud enough. Also, windows are scheduled to be tinted on Wed. I'm doing 20% all around with a 5% tint strip on the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Installed...
Sounds good - very docile at idle, decently loud while driving. Minimal drone. Directions kind of suck, the x-pipe can be installed either way... I had it upside down the first time. I kind of wish there was a little more adjustment (the tips are welded on and they stick out a little far and also hang a tad bit low for my liking). Overall, I give it 4.5 stars. Definite improvement over stock!

Reactions: 1 user
Installed...
Sounds good - very docile at idle, decently loud while driving. Minimal drone. Directions kind of suck, the x-pipe can be installed either way... I had it upside down the first time. I kind of wish there was a little more adjustment (the tips are welded on and they stick out a little far and also hang a tad bit low for my liking). Overall, I give it 4.5 stars. Definite improvement over stock!

Have some pictures of the installed exhaust? I would be curious to compare to mine to see what you mean about the tips being low?

LOL. I was just notified by my wife that apparently, this exhaust with this car is louder than my blown / supercharged / full exhaust / worked '04 GT (on start up)... I wont lie... it caught me by surprise this morning when I hit the start button - I am assuming it is because the computer was treating it as if though it should be choked for the first start of the day... after about a minute, it quieted down. I still found it surprising.

Exhaust pics. I know they are not the best, but I am pretty sure you can see what I am talking about. image1.JPG image2.JPG

It looks as though your exhaust is quite a bit lower than mine, The install for me was literally 15 minutes and it fit like a glove. Did you have the entire system fitted loosely before tightening all of the connections? If you would like, I can put you in contact with someone from Magnaflow to help resolve the issue? Their tech dept and customer service is great in my opinion, I would be happy to shoot an email to them on your behalf

Yeah I fitted everything loosely. I'm not that concerned about it, it's an easy enough fix. I may call anyway though... The right exhaust tip has a small dent from shipping. [emoji53]

Well... More to come... I just found out they have redesigned the catback for "the performance model"... I just sent them the pictures of my tips sticking out and hanging low and told them I have the performance package and asked if that is why no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to align properly.

I don't know what they are going to do, I haven't heard anything back yet. Ugh!

Ehh, apparently he was confused. It was redesigned for the 'verts. I guess I'll just bend the hangars or shim the aft hangars to bring them up, although they will stick out a bit (that doesn't bother me).

If you play with the pipes you can adjust that alignment. Just twist the muffler assembly and the pipe between it and the x-pipe in opposite directions and it gives you some up and down movement.

If they stick out too far just trim a bit off the x-pipe. Just see how far they stick out and trim that much off the x. Just don't cut too much off, you don't want the tip in front of the rear valance.

Yeah I tried that... I will likely re-attempt when the undented muffler assembly gets here. Worst case I will make a set of shims (or just bend the hangers) to move the tips up and trim 1/2 to 3/4 an inch from the x-pipe.